Dive Labor Day Weekend in Gulf Shores

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shushi

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody want to meet us in Gulf Shores to do some shore dives and possibly a charter? We are planning on coming down Sep 2-4th and leaving late Sunday night. If you already have plans but have a few favorite shore spots to dive please let me know. I have a few from down under dive shop but I know you guys might have a personal favorite. :D

Shushi:
Anybody want to meet us in Gulf Shores to do some shore dives and possibly a charter? We are planning on coming down Sep 2-4th and leaving late Sunday night. If you already have plans but have a few favorite shore spots to dive please let me know. I have a few from down under dive shop but I know you guys might have a personal favorite. :D

I guess the Flying Nun Convention will have to grounded until further notice.

Triple overhead surf at the beaches right now, expecting 12-15' of surge in Mobile. You won't be doing any diving in Gulf Shores next weekend :) Sorry!

I think I might be heading to Pelham.

Where can I go Friday and Saturday of next weekend to dive?? Pelham??
Diveland?? Who is going where to dive, and would you like to get together???

Need water. Period.

Dont forget the 5-7 mil for the deep in the quarrys.

Im up, camp and dive or just day drive n' dive...

Hoss

WHAT??? I missed the flying nun convention again.....Argghhhh!!!

I might be heading to Pelham next weekend, but it'll be with another group of divers and I'm not sure what dates they have planned just yet. I'll post when I find out myself, the more the merrier.

Yall welcome to surf on up to Hattiesburg MS. It is 0700 and Katrina is just making landfall. I am hunkering down for the ride. I am sure we will have some deep mud puddles left over by the weekend!

It looks like GUlf Shores is out.... :lol2:

Hey Matt,

We are looking for the same. Would like to meet up and dive with others too. We'd like to taste some salt, LOL but if we have to we'll do freshwater. I'm thinking FL nopw with all the hurricane action. PC isn't that far and we know of a cheap hotel just outside abou 40minutes. Or we could find a camp ground and all camp together. We want to keep it on the cheeper side so we can dive more. Hey I'm almost ready to just drive down and sleep in our car, LOL!!! Give me your thoughts...

Elaine & Scooter

I'd be hard pressed to go to Gulf Shores again during Labor Day.
The traffic problem there on Labor Day monday with people heading
home and all checking out of the condos at 10 or 11am presents
a huge traffic problem. 30,000 people all try to leave at once.

Last time we did that it took 2 hours 20 minutes to get just north
of Foley. The traffic was so backed up it took 45 minutes wait
just to make the "turn" off the beach road and onto hwy 59.

The cops didn't care either. they just sat on the side of the road
watching the trafric "stopped" in front of them. I mean it
was the worst cluster-******* I've ever seen that could have
been prevented. If they had just gotten out and directed
traffic moving north through all those towns, but they didn't
care. I even emailed the mayor, city council and police chief
and complained about the problem later, and only one of them
had the guts to even reply and ackowledge the problem.

So even if the weather/seas are good, you are crazy to go to
gulf shores on that weekend.

my 2 cents worth.

Hoss,

I'm sorry, I wrote Matt......Doh :cwmddd:

If you'd like to meet up let us know. Everything else still applies, LOL

Elaine & Scooter

SuPrBuGmAn:
I might be heading to Pelham next weekend, but it'll be with another group of divers and I'm not sure what dates they have planned just yet. I'll post when I find out myself, the more the merrier.
I may want to join you in Pelham, will you be diving on Sunday? I already have plans for Saturday. What kind of water temperatures are we looking at in Pelham?

Back
Top Bottom