Dive Labor Day Weekend in Gulf Shores

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me know if you need directions or more info, feel free to call as well 251-978-4089

2 weeks after Ivan I was diving the jetties in Destin, same with Dennis. Visibility at the Destin jetties wasn't superb by any means, but 5' vis in saltwater off the gulf is plenty for me. Granted, this is just a week off, but the panhandle doesnt' seem to have gotten awhole lotta rain that far East. No idea what the surge was like either.

So far the water level at the jetties has not dropped back into the normal tide swing. It is still above the normal high tide level. The water at the beach is churning and grey. I hope this stuff settles down by the weekend. The river level at Morrison is supposed to peak below bankfull according to the chart - maybe it will clear too.

Even if it goes above a bankfull, it'll be clear nearer the basin. Mikey Paul and I dove Morrison 3 weeks ago with water levels @ 9.6'. You had to dive through about 10' of tannic water before getting into the clear stuff. From the platform, we could see halfway down the cypress tree. I'm guessing 20'ish, maybe a bit more, even with water levels over a bankfull.

Morrison should be fine for the weekend if you don't mind diving through some murk before hitting to clearer waters.

It's starting to look like a Monday morning dive at Morrison for me - if everything works out right. Anybody headed that way?

If going to Pelham falls through, and the gas situation here improves, I'm game.

Hell... If Pelham falls through, and I call Vortex to see if the gas stations over there have gas without huge lines, I'm game :D I'll still get back with more gas than when I left - LOL! I should know more in a day or two, want me to PM ya when I find out?

Keep me up to date and I'll do the same for you. I'm wanting to get in the water and the Mrs. has nothing on the Honey-do list.

Will do.

I'm wanting to get back in the water too, gas is my main concern. If Pelham falls through, I'll be at the springs :D

I just checked the river level at Morrison - looks like the new prediction is above bankfull - Cypress may be best.

Fine with me, just need to see whether or not the quarry dive is on or not. Then I need to call Vortex and make sure they have gas without excessive lines in their part of the country :)

It looks like I'm open for the spring dive, what day is best for you? Sunday? Monday?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom