• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Dive Haven Closed

Discussion in 'Lake Lanier Looney Birds' started by chicken197, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Upstate Scuba OWI

Upstate Scuba OWI Public Safety Diver

# of Dives:
  2. mir

mir Registered

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    I hope Dive Have does reopen as I reside in North Fulton and the drive is easily less than an hour. As for Pelham, I think it's a decent dive site also Loch Low Minn in Athens TN. is a great dive site. I earned my open water certification there, vis is 30+ on a good day. Also rumor has it Madison quarry in Decatur AL. is open again too. Be safe and happy diving

3. Lone Frogman

Lone Frogman Amphibious ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Anyone heard anything new? Their phone is disconnected now.

4. mike_s

mike_s Solo Diver

Madison Quarry (in Madison, AL, which is near Decatur) is open through the end of October on weekends.

see Better Diver Madison Quarry for more info.

5. Boozer

Boozer Registered

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    I heard Dive Haven was open again. I have not been there myself to see.

6. mike_s

mike_s Solo Diver

send a pm to [user]DiveHavenGa[/user] and ask them.

7. mcf57

mcf57 Contributor

The main number on their site is still disconnected. There are two alternate numbers, but nobody answers and it goes to voicemail. The website is still a mess so it makes me wonder. I'm gonna PM them too. We'll see.

8. scuba-cooper

scuba-cooper Registered

I just called the main number (disconnected), but James answered when I called the second number. He mentioned that their lawyer was turning in all the info and they should be going to court soon, but they have no idea as to when the court date is (or when this mess may be resolved).

If anyone hears from them in the future, please post here even if it's not much of an update.

9. Matteo

Matteo Solo Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Thanks for the update.....any info is better than no info.

10. mcf57

mcf57 Contributor

I private messaged DiveHavenGA and they responded today with an update to the situation going on there. Unfortunately, it looks like this season at Diven Haven will be a total loss. They hope to be able to have the dispute settled by next season though. We'll see & cross your fingers that this is the case. Here's the PM received:

We have not reopened. Hopefully the dispute will be over by next season. I do appologize regarding the website being out of date. The Web Tech that was working the site has us locked out. You can call the secondary phone number for more information and updates.