Dive Haven Closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chicken197

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I drove up to Dive Haven this morning to try out my new drysuit. The gates were locked with two locks and no signs were posted. I waited about ten minutes when one of the owners stopped by and told me there was no diving.

He went on to explain there is a legal dispute going on and until it is resolved the facility would remain closed.

Nothing is posted on the website. It would have been great to even hear it on the answering machine before I drove all the way there. I don't know the owners but hiding this little tidbit doesn't seem like a good business practice.

Whoa !!!

Wonder what that's all about !?!?!?!?

No need to speculate, however . . . .

the K

I think they've got a representative (user who is involved in the quarry operation) on Scubaboard.

I'll see if I can find them and PM them this thread and maybe they can shed some light on what's going on.

EDIT: I found them. sent a PM to user DiveHavenGa and asked them to fill us in.

(note their last activity was almost 3 years ago... so no guarentee they'll get them PM unless they have email notification set up).

I drove up to Dive Haven this morning to try out my new drysuit. The gates were locked with two locks and no signs were posted. I waited about ten minutes when one of the owners stopped by and told me there was no diving.

He went on to explain there is a legal dispute going on and until it is resolved the facility would remain closed.

Nothing is posted on the website. It would have been great to even hear it on the answering machine before I drove all the way there. I don't know the owners but hiding this little tidbit doesn't seem like a good business practice.

Hi Chicken197. I'm sorry you made the drive to Dive Haven only to find out that it wasn't open - frustrating I'm sure. However, I am friends with the owners, and I personally don't believe they are trying to hide anything. All of this has been very recent developments so I think they are trying to get some definitive answers before posting anything on the Dive Haven website. I do know the owners have always posted to "call for an appointment" under their hours for the off-season so I'm assuming they figured that's what people would do and they could let them know what is currently going on with the dive quarry. The lease (legal dispute you mentioned) is under review and hopefully they will be opening soon.

Thank you for your concern! We are having a situation with our lease, but are still committed to reopening this summer. Thanks again for all your support!

I have heard of Divehaven, but not very familiar with it. Is it a lake or a quarry? Would love to dive when they open back up. Just gotta make sure they are open since I live in east central alabama

I have heard of Divehaven, but not very familiar with it. Is it a lake or a quarry? Would love to dive when they open back up. Just gotta make sure they are open since I live in east central alabama

It's a quarry. The business owners have worked hard over the past three years to improve the quarry (adding multiple docks, bath houses, pavillions, sinking dive site items, etc.). Sorry, I'm not a diver so I'm probably not giving the descriptions that divers are most interested in such as depth and visibility...lol (just friends with the owners).

I hope everything works out, and the quarry will open for the summer season. I'm sure the Dive Haven people will post once they have more definite answsers on the lease.

Stay tuned....

The word i got today by "Divers Supply-Marietta", A legal dispute between actual "owners" & the folks"leasers" who run the dive site. A working agreement might be in discussion, but as for today, nothing.

for more info regarding this issue, contact Divers-Supply in Marietta, they've redirected their dives
now to Pelham.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom