Dive Flag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Devils Lake in WI. According to our groups email there is not a dive shop, cause they told us to rent the number of tanks we wanted since we can't get extra fills.

We are going to look at the shop tomorrow when we pick up tanks for this weekend. If they don't have anything we'll likely cancel the trip cause stuff just doesn't ship to us quickly and it isn't worth paying for rush.

Devils Lake in WI. According to our groups email there is not a dive shop, cause they told us to rent the number of tanks we wanted since we can't get extra fills.

We are going to look at the shop tomorrow when we pick up tanks for this weekend. If they don't have anything we'll likely cancel the trip cause stuff just doesn't ship to us quickly and it isn't worth paying for rush.

If your dive shop doesn't carry one how about a shop between you and the site, borrowing one, or dive with someone in your group that has a flag?

Most of the cheap ones are just that... make your own. 40 bucks, including pipe, fittings, adhesive, foam, flags and hardware. The base is slip fit and filled with expanding foam. The crossbar is cemented to keep it from twisting and is 3" close to one end to keep the base trailing properly. The large flag frame is slip fit and the bungees hold it together, it slips into the base "T". the long pipe is cemented together and screws into the crossbar. The large pipe with the eye bolt screws into the crossbar and can be filled with gravel wherever and dumped when leaving. You can use schedule 20 pipe and drain fittings which are thinner and the pipe will float a little higher and weigh a little less. I made a net that fits over the base so I can take a Styrofoam cooler and put my fish without having to go back to the boat. And yes.... I'm supposed to be working on my boat, cleaning up my garden and replacing some shingles on the roof instead of thinking about diving.

ANYONE KNOW WHY PICTURES CAN'T BE UPLOADED?

Last edited:
We did not like it. The flag would come out of the posts and it did not stand up well in current. It lasted about two dives. It is very compact though.

Check out LeisurePro.com

I'm in IL and every piece of gear I have ordered from them, with the free shipping, if ordered by early afternoon Monday, gets shipped Monday and arrives Wednesday. I've put in like 10 orders with them, and always got the items in 2 days. (They ship from the east coast)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom