DIVE DOJO Puerto Gallera- info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hehe

Codman; we should charge Dojo for free dives or something. We re like campaigning for them

Actually, I feel it's just payback for all the coffee and beer I drank while there... I think they are still paying the the extra truck loads of SMP they had to order after I left...:rofl3::rofl3:

Just kidding! Just trying to share my experience with others, so they can have a good time while in Sabang... And hopefully they'll have half as much fun as I did, which is already a lot... :D

Evei, when we dove together I hadn't even started my internship... had you fainted, you would have sank down... down... down and I wouldn't have budged!!! :cool2: :D:D Nah.... Bud seriously, I got a few challenging divers while I was there... One autralian bloke decided he was guiding the dive... :dork2::dork2: Was going 50 mph through the dive and then upon surfacing commented to how there wasn't much to see on the Alma Jane... :dork2:

nah..u wouldnt.. :wink:
Alma Jane is one of my fav sites!! Day or night dive, its full of things to see! Lol!

@ Buddy-Boo

Pm me if u need DD or Ethei's contact info. :)

Thanks Evie G... but I got an email back from DD and unfortunately they are unable to offer us any discounts whatsoever ( we want to do 2x divemaster plus 9 specialties with them). So far every centre we contacted gave as some special deals. I know that some of you may say that one should not be stingy if it come to diving education and turning pro; that cheaper usually means a bit worse, however the choice is soooooo vast that I'm sure we will come across a respectable place with competitive prices.... From the emails I got there is quite few that offer internships and let their students stay on for few extra weeks to get good, hands on experience but that won't make you feel like a slave:no:...........The search continues.....

DD has never been big on discounts. That's not their bag of tea. They are all about quality (the air setup and rental gear is top notch) and instruction. I'm sure you'll be able to get a discount elsewhere if that's important for you. Shop around!:coffee: You'll find something...

Thanks Evie G... but I got an email back from DD and unfortunately they are unable to offer us any discounts whatsoever ( we want to do 2x divemaster plus 9 specialties with them). So far every centre we contacted gave as some special deals. I know that some of you may say that one should not be stingy if it come to diving education and turning pro; that cheaper usually means a bit worse, however the choice is soooooo vast that I'm sure we will come across a respectable place with competitive prices.... From the emails I got there is quite few that offer internships and let their students stay on for few extra weeks to get good, hands on experience but that won't make you feel like a slave:no:...........The search continues.....

ouch, thats too bad

Keep us posted on the stores you r thinking about..

You can also email ethei since he is a freelancer; maybe he can work something out with another store..

There's so many shops in Sabang. But I can say DD is one of the best place.
Top-notch gears, own compressor for their air. Great instructors & people.
Look around & compare. Im sure you'll find something to suit you. :)
Have a great time in PG! :)

ok, so for now two shops seem worth exploring further... big apple dive and captain greggs, both in Sabang PG. I got really cool emails from them and have a good feeling:) I think I'm going to start a new thread dedicated to all DCs in Puerto Galera, since this one was for D. DOJO and I won't be diving with them. Thanks all of you above for all your advice- I really appreciate it.

Captain Gregg's have just built some new rooms above the bar/restaurant, nice views over the bay if you're at the front... the room prices are reasonable and the food is good, & don't forget to try the Gin Juice! A couple of English friends of mine have done their DM and Instructor there recently with Mark

If you want to be a little more out of the way, you could also look at LBC (La Laguna Beach Club), Simon So is the course director there, also very very good. Or you could stay at LBC and dive at Gregg's, just depends what your priorities are

well, the priority is to get an amazing education, "tough" training, loads of hands on experience, work hard- so basically become as good a Dm as possible!!! The price obviously is quite important as well as I wrote before. I'm not fussed about the accommodation or food. However I looked at some options and it id doable to rent an apartment for as low as 12000 pesos a month. I was actually thinking about staying in Small or Big LaLaguna as Sabang seem pretty hectic. If I wanted a busy and crazy nitelife I would not be leaving London.:) Few beers/ some good local food with fellow divers at the end of the day is a must thou!!!!

Is it far or difficult to get from La laguna beach to Sabang? Does lalaguna still get really busy? I would like to do the DM in a pretty busy shop with a lot of diver traffic to learn about a busy centre and help lots of customers.? Tortuga. do you have experience with more DC in Lalaguna? I'm definetely going to check and email LLB Club!!!

Back
Top Bottom