Dive & Dine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dschulte:
Are your plans solid for Sunday, the 25th at 09:30? I may be able to get a few together to come out there and try the quarry. I just checked out the website, look like a pretty good dive. I am assuming water temperatures in the 40's, right? Also do you need to have a count by any particular date or will they just be open to all comers on Sunday? One last Q, are you guys coordinating food or just BYO?

I hope we can get out there.
:monkeydan

Roger that, 0930 Sunday 2/25/07
Yeah it's pretty fun, alot more to look at than lanier. There's also several training platforms, and the crane is pretty fun. Temps should be in the high 40's-mid 50's, but i'm not sure (didn't ask when I called). Don't need a count, I told the guy there'd probably be about 6 of us, though i imagine we'll probably have about 5-10.

Haven't coordinated any food. I guess it's just BYO. I will probably bring a tray of chick-fil-a cool wraps though for anybody who wants one. (i work there and saturday night is clean-out-the-fridge night :D)

Flightlead:
Is the plan for 2 or 3 dives? wondering since I'll probably be bringing tanks with me as I usually get 'em free at the LDS.

I'm planning on 3. They have a fill station at Dive haven, fills are $8, tank rentals are $12 (includes first fill). I don't suppose you wanna bring me one of those free tanks?? :D

heh heh, I think they'll look at me funny if I try to walk out of there with more than 3 tanks. depending on who's behind the counter I may not be able to get the freebies anyway.

I pulled a muscle in my back last weekend. I think I did it during our quick tank change as I leant over and struggled to lift my BC with 30lbs of lead in it off the 1st tank. I hope it gets a bit better or I'm gonna be uncomfortable this weekend.

do you have any idea what the water temp and vis are at?

l8r

Flightlead:
heh heh, I think they'll look at me funny if I try to walk out of there with more than 3 tanks. depending on who's behind the counter I may not be able to get the freebies anyway.

I pulled a muscle in my back last weekend. I think I did it during our quick tank change as I leant over and struggled to lift my BC with 30lbs of lead in it off the 1st tank. I hope it gets a bit better or I'm gonna be uncomfortable this weekend.

do you have any idea what the water temp and vis are at?

l8r

Yeah I strained my neck pretty good wednesday doing squats at the gym, and i been poppin ibuprofen since then.... think i'll be fine though.

I'll call Dive Haven today and ask them what the water temps are.

DawgDiver:
I'm planning on 3. They have a fill station at Dive haven, fills are $8, tank rentals are $12 (includes first fill). I don't suppose you wanna bring me one of those free tanks?? :D

I got a al80 you can use, just fill it up when your finished.

Called Dive Haven today, they said the water temp 2 weeks ago was 49*. So bring the thick stuff. Hopefully the warmer weather in the past 2 weeks might have raised it a wee bit.

DawgDiver:
Called Dive Haven today, they said the water temp 2 weeks ago was 49*. So bring the thick stuff. Hopefully the warmer weather in the past 2 weeks might have raised it a wee bit.

Or the dry stuff...:D

dschulte:
Or the dry stuff...:D

Sissy.... :D

kidding, KIDDING! Wish i could afford a drysuit... but i'll be fine. :14:

Hey guys, looking at the weather report, it looks like thunderstorms on sunday. We still going to atempt to dive. I don't mind the rain since we are getting wet anyway, but when the man upstairs starts throwing bolts of electricity down at us......well thats a different story.

Back
Top Bottom