dive day for Seattle area people?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keystone would work, and I also had a vote for Saltwater State Park... I've never been there, so I will leave that up to you guys..... I have been to Keystone, and it's a great place to dive... but isn't it kind of a long drive for the Seattle people? It works for me if it works for you! I think it might be kinda fun to do a BBQ kinda thing if everyone wants to take the time for it, so that might kinda leave out a few good dive spots if there are not places to BBQ..... (I guess we also have a couple of portable grills that we could bring if we decide on a spot that does not have a place to BBQ...) I think were getting close to 15 people as well... it should make for a fun day! Dive safe in the meantime!:)

Kayla:)

... Seacrest on Alki? Uncle Pug mentioned it, and it sounds good to me... does it work for the rest of you?:)

So let me know how to get to the site selected? We will do our best to get there. We're spending the weekend in Edmonds so I'll need some travel directions if you can. :)

... I'm not the best person to ask, I have no idea... but I will do an internet search and see what I can find!!!:)

... that we decided on August 3rd for a date... I think Seacrest on Alki is the place... unless I hear otherwise!! Are you going to join us?:)

Kayla once bubbled...
... Seacrest on Alki? Uncle Pug mentioned it, and it sounds good to me... does it work for the rest of you?:)
Works for me! Parking might be a bit rough, depending on how many folks show up but that's a normal issue at Seacrest.

Jimmie

... I don't know about parking... but if it helps, I can get there early and sit with everyone gear when you go to find a space, so you don't have to haul it a long way!

Another thing.... are we gonna do any type of food/ BBQ thing? I know I'm always hingry after diving... so it might not hurt!:)

Has picnic tables, a big grassy area to spread out, and reasonable parking, especially if you get there by 10am. The diving is varied, with interesting structure to poke around in. Max depths can vary from 50 to 100 ft, making it good for a wide variety of diving skills, and currents on that day won't be an issue (IMO). I think there is more to look at when diving Les Davis, and the "reef" has a vertical aspect to it, it's not just a flat bottom.

If I am able to, I will meet up with you guys for a couple of dives.

JeffAustin once bubbled...
Has picnic tables, a big grassy area to spread out, and reasonable parking, especially if you get there by 10am. The diving is varied, with interesting structure to poke around in. Max depths can vary from 50 to 100 ft, making it good for a wide variety of diving skills, and currents on that day won't be an issue (IMO). I think there is more to look at when diving Les Davis, and the "reef" has a vertical aspect to it, it's not just a flat bottom.

If I am able to, I will meet up with you guys for a couple of dives.

That's a good point, Jeff. Especially with an early start, Les Davis would be a great spot. I like that idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom