dive day for Seattle area people?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

..For the address! :)

Kayla:)

So can we confirm when this is going down if it still is? Sunday, August 3rd at Les Davis Pier, right? So who's in?

Plans have changed, we won't be up there this weekend.

How has the vis been lately?

Nurseshark and I are 100% in and coming...there is a six gill who needs to be found...

... if you guys are gonna be there... we are too! Are we going to try to do a BBQ thing too? Or just dive an go? Either works for me, I planned the day for it! Let me know what you think......:)

Kayla:)

I'll be there! Did we ever decide on what time everyone is going to show up? I would suggest the earlier the better... parking can get scarce at Les Davis if the weather is nice.

As far as a BBQ type thing... there are no facilities for that at Les Davis nor do I think it's kosher to bring a BBQ and do it yourself down there. We could plan on moseying over to Pt. Defiance after the diving for a BBQ get together sort of thing?

I've not been diving since July 1st. (been busy) :( I was riding my bike past Les Davis on Monday and the vis looked excellent though! I could easilly see the bottom from up at the picnic tables, at least 15 to 20 feet of vis. That's pretty darned good for Les Davis!

Jimmie

I swear I've seen people with small bbq's at Les Davis, I don't think it is a problem (except if you are the a$$hole that dumped a whole bbq full of charcoal down the entrance steps to the water, that was a pleasant experience!) The vis is changeable, I plan on hitting the water for a first dive at 9am. (favorable time with tides and current) The parking lot will be full by noon, you can bet on that!

How many dives are you guys planning on doing??

We'll come for 9:00 if that's the time for the best exchanges...we could likely bring a grill. Planning on two tanks.

JeffAustin once bubbled...
I swear I've seen people with small bbq's at Les Davis, I don't think it is a problem...

<snip>

How many dives are you guys planning on doing??
I'm planning on a two-tank dive. Lighthouse is just up the way from Les Davis so getting tanks refilled would be an easy proposition... as long as you dive air. (yeah yeah, I know... it's Tacoma, what do you expect?)

As far as BBQs at Les Davis, I think you're right, Jeff. I just checked the Ruston Way parks page and they list BBQ grills as an available resource. If they've got some down there, they surely allow people to bring their own.

Jimmie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom