dive day for Seattle area people?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gee, glad I surfed around enough to find this post (is this really Non-Diving Related Stuff?).

Anyway, I'd like to tag along. Sounds like there'll be a few familiar faces in the crowd ... and I'm always up for meeting other divers. I'll bring my dive buddy (my wife, Cheng) too.

As for vis ... well, it's still two weeks off and anything can happen. But vis the past few days has been very good (25-30 feet at Seacrest yesterday). Tidal exchanges aren't an issue at Les Davis ... there really isn't much current to speak of in Commencement Bay. As a result, the bottom's a bit on the silty side ... but there is a lot of interesting structure there, and with a little luck you might even find a wolf eel or octopus. Last time I was there a fellow brought back an interesting bottle he found, only to discover after he came out of the water that there was a tiny red octopus stuck to the side of it.

Keep in mind too that salmon season will be in full swing ... so be mindful of your proximity to the fishing pier and boats overhead. Bring a cutting device or two ... and when you see the tire piles, turn around .... those signify that you're as close to the pier as you're allowed to go.

Parking may be an issue on a Sunday ... so get there early.

Looking forward to meeting some of you ... and diving with those of you I've already met.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... Plans have changed a little for us. My dads out... he had something else come up... I'm still planning on showing, but I'm nursing a knee injury right now, so I'm not sure if I will be diving or not. However if I am able too, is there anyone that wouldn't mind a fairly new diver tagging along? (I've been certified for a year, but I don't have a whole lotta dives put in yet)

Also... I can count three grills that I can bring if we need extras. Are we planning on everybody bringing something for themselves, or are we doing this potluck style? Either works for me.

9:00 works for me, it means a really early morning coming from that far away, but I'll be there.

If any of you have family that are non-divers, bring em along.... my ride (aka my mom) and my sister will be tagging along, so bring out the whole family!

Last but not least...... if anybody needs extra gear, or you think you might need extra gear, let me know, and I will see how I can help ya... we have lots of extra "pieces" laying around. :)

Kayla:)

Hi Kayla ...

If you'd like, you can buddy up with me and my wife. I'm a recently-certified DM and am quite used to diving with newer divers. My wife and I often take a third person into our buddy team, and are adept at keeping three people together ... even in low-vis conditions (hopefully not something we'll experience on Sunday).

I personally like the idea of potluck ... we'll bring a grill, and something to put on it.

I think everyone should be responsible for bringing whatever they want to drink, however. I organize dive groups on a regular basis, and that always seems to work out best.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Kayla once bubbled...
... Plans have changed a little for us. My dads out... he had something else come up... I'm still planning on showing, but I'm nursing a knee injury right now, so I'm not sure if I will be diving or not. However if I am able too, is there anyone that wouldn't mind a fairly new diver tagging along? (I've been certified for a year, but I don't have a whole lotta dives put in yet)

<snip>

Last but not least...... if anybody needs extra gear, or you think you might need extra gear, let me know, and I will see how I can help ya... we have lots of extra "pieces" laying around. :)

You wouldnt have a scooter laying around would you :confused: :wink: :D

Bob, Jimmie, Kayla - my wife and I are looking forward to meeting you guys on Sunday, and seeing the rest of you that we already know. We may not be able to stay and BBQ, but we'll definitely dive. We're still planning on a ~9am splash for first dive.

And Jeff, in case you think I forgot, I've got a video tape for you. :)

You guys I feel awful.. I hate to do this on such short notice... but we have had some family emergencys come up.. and my cousin is going in for surgery that day.... and because I'm on break for the summer it is mandatory for me (not that I don't want to be there) to go and baby-sit the rest of the kids...... However.. this means no dive day for me...... and I feel terrible. I was really looking forward to meeting up with you guys... it sounds like you are going to have a great time! (Just for the record- I don't have a scooter laying around.. so I'm not cheating anyone on gear..... :D ) Anyway.. you guys have a great time... and maybe we can try this again later when life isn't so "crazy." Again- I really do apologize!:(

.... I am hoping that all you guys that were planning on diving saw that I wasn't going to be able to be there today... I will feel even worse about not being able to come if you didn't get the note..... So tell me... how was it? :)

It was a lot of fun...

sorry you could not make it, we will have to plan another day, since it was your idea.

the visibility was about 15-20 ft, and a variety of sealife was seen, including an octopus dining on crab, a small salmon, I think someone saw a wolf eel, and we swam thru a good sized(100+) school of small perch that were feeding voraciously on something on the bottom.

It was a fun day, and thank you again for getting the ball rolling

:) :)

... I'm glad that everyone had a good time! We will have to try to do something again.... and I promise I will be there! You guys let me know what you think about doing another dive sometime in the future... I know summers can be crazy, so whenever works for you! Thanks for being so awesome with everything!:D

How is your knee doing? Hope it's feeling better. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom