Dive Conditions Morehead City in Late November??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally just did a google search... found it... We won't be down until Thanksgiving, again, that's when we're looking to dive. What is the lobster ledge drive like with olympus? I talked to them and thats' what they're doing that weekend?

I don't know which ledge they are headed to, but all of the decent lobster spots in that region are deep, 115+ If you're comfortable with that, they are really nice dives. Wrecks are what NC is known for, but a lot of people don't know that we also have some really nice ledge dives with all the pretty fishes :).

There is usually a good mix of lobster hunters, spearos, and sightseers.

Rich

The wreck diving from Morehead City is excellent! I highly recommend Olympus Diving. We dive with them every year. One thing to look out for since you are OW certified - depths on the offshore wrecks are in the 90 - 120 foot range. Check with them regarding the possibility of diving some in-shore wrecks - shallower, but less viz. You will not be disappointed diving NC and specifically with Olympus!

Click here for my Flickr page link to pictures from a recent Olympus trip.

Hands down, George and his outfit are the BEST operation I've ever dived with. A whole bunch of dive operators could learn more on one trip with him than from any other experience.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom