Dive computer battery and o-ring spec's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know the specs for the Aeries 750GT / Oceanic DataTrans Plus battery compartment O-ring (both for the computer and the transmitter)?
This is the post you need to look at. I knew it was on here somewhere.

I bought 50 from Grainger for less than $4. shipping was like $11, but still WAY less than buying the silly so called "kits". bought some Panasonic batteries from Amazon. GTG!

Eventually the correct o-ring size for D9 is 36.8 x 1.2 mm and are available now in my shop O-Rings for Suunto D9 - Premium O-rings Provider for Scuba Diving

Having read these threads on the Dive computer battery and o-ring spec's I am still unable to confirm the specs for Suunto D series dive computers.
The latest update of the data sheet v1.5 noted in #20 still has blank fields for the Suunto D series but has a reference stating Oceanic Matrix Master 2-023 being the same O’ring as DX, D9tx, D9, D6i, D4i, Vyper Air, and HelO2.

I acknowledge this data sheet was a legacy of Couv (sadly passed away as annotated) his concept to establish a concise data record aligns with my current quest.

The confusion escalates throughout that thread as many other contributors state what their understanding of the correct sizes for each Suunto model is, @Scubagaskets and @DIVEWATCHDOCTOR along with many others still stating conflicting values.

Perhaps to conclude this enquiry so others can read the final consensus of actual sizes ... someone might be willing to answer the question:

What is the correct battery compartment cover O’ring size for each of the following Suunto D series dive computers.
(data in the format mm ID x mm CS would be advantageous)

D4i
D6i
D9
D9tx
DX

Thanks to all 🙏

View attachment 653936 View attachment 653937 Here is a phot of the J battery in a Datamax Pro. I believe Oceanic may have inserted an adaptor to use the 2032 batteries.
Searching in Internet, I've found this page : J-cell Battery Adapter
I did my own adapter for 2 x 2032 cells with my 3D printer and copper strips :
IMG_3072.JPG

The adapter works well. Cells are tight and the case closes perfectly.

Cross-referencing to post with battery and battery lid hatch info for Mares Puck Pro and Mares Puck Pro Plus +

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom