Dive Buddy? Signaling Device?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fly Girl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
UUGHGHGH - this was advertised a bunch here before Christmas, but now that I'm ready to buy it, I'm not sure that I have the name straight. I'm looking for the signaling device that does not use air, but rather batteries, and is pretty loud. I think it is called Dive Buddy. Does anyone out there know the name since I'm having trouble finding it? Thanks!:confused:

Nevermind - I just found it. It is called Buddycall. I'll order one now.

I believe it is called Buddy Call Underwater Signaling Devise -> Buddy Call underwater Signalling Devise specs. There is also a Dive Alert that is a unit that can be operated above and below water and a unit that can be operated just below water. The DA is operated with air only. I have seen posts here concerning both DA units, and it seems that the DA underwater unit only is the unit of choice. However, in an OOA situation, I guess the batteries may be best before you launch yourself to the top. Of course, there are also many other options in terms of signaling your buddy underwater (tank bangers, shakers, and the like) that would be less expensive. :confused:

Anyone have experience with this device?

Anyone have experience with this device?

It is not the kind of thing you want to just leave laying around with your dive gear. IMHO, it is quite likely someone will come along and toss it overboard.:D

I've ordered my BuddyCall and will use it on my trip to Playa del Carmen later this month. I'll put a post out to let you know what I thought of it. Thanks to all for the advice!

UUGHGHGH - this was advertised a bunch here before Christmas, but now that I'm ready to buy it, I'm not sure that I have the name straight. I'm looking for the signaling device that does not use air, but rather batteries, and is pretty loud. I think it is called Dive Buddy. Does anyone out there know the name since I'm having trouble finding it? Thanks!:confused:

I use one of these:

finger_point.gif

Directions:

• Apply directly to the portion of your buddy that is in range, as often as necessary to gain attention. :D
  • If buddy not in range, store index finger, wait until back on boat, then deploy middle finger. :D
This is directly related to the question "How long can you go without breathing while panicking and finning like mad?"

Terry

Back
Top Bottom