Dive Boat Sank???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry DD, I didn't realize you don't normally wear a wetsuit and that you aren't a good floater. Anywsy, I hope you never find need to test your system.

Mossman, I make sure the crew can carry me not a measily little tank.

And you're backup plan would be to float? Okee dokee. If a boat I'm on starts to founder, I may jump and suggest others may not want for the crew to think of that.
My backup plan would be to swim.

(This pertains to normal Cozumel dive boat operations, not the craziness of trying to cross the channel)

Have you ever worn a snorkel vest in the ocean, or are you just talking...?
Yes, I have- to snorkel. I found it to be annoying and ended up taking it off and giving it back to the boat captain and just swimming on my own.

They are not designed to do much against very heavy waves. Snorkel vests are NOT PFDs. Of course, in Coz- the dive boats don't go out on those days.

Sorry DD, I didn't realize you don't normally wear a wetsuit and that you aren't a good floater. Anywsy, I hope you never find need to test your system.

That scrawny lil' Texan will sink like a stone.

Oh and my Captain often runs from Palancar pier south along crocodile alley for the entire surface interval. Rides a bike alot too. However he hasn't done an Ironman yet cuz he swims for crap. I like that in a Captain. Doesn't swim well = keep the boat floating!

Yes, I have- to snorkel. I found it to be annoying and ended up taking it off and giving it back to the boat captain and just swimming on my own.

They are not designed to do much against very heavy waves. Snorkel vests are NOT PFDs. Of course, in Coz- the dive boats don't go out on those days.
Okee dokee, well - mine does work, better than treading water in those waves.

Okee dokee, well - mine does work, better than treading water in those waves.
And it looks good too! I read somewhere that you wore it to dinner on a cruise.

It goes with his tux, so of course he wore it.

I wear my tux under my wetsuit for when the boat sinks so when I get rescued by a Russian oligarch's yacht I'll be dressed for the occasion. According to the definitive reference on this (James Bond films) everything will be dry and unrumpled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom