Discussion: Postings in Gear/Classifieds forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MWGemini

Reaction score

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

With respect to Mike, I am editing his post to provide some background for this ongoing discussion. As I am not able to post preceding it chronologically.

The origin of this thread is as a response to user george w's post in the classifieds entitled "New Items" with the same content as the subject of the post.

Some posters felt that this type of post is not in keeping with their expectations of what should be posted in the Gear/Equipment Classifieds forum. However it is a violation of the ToS to have those discussions within a classiffied post.

In an attempt to facilitate discussion of this matter, I have moved those posts here and opened it up for public discussion.

back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Not to be rude, but as someone who checks these forums numerous times each day, your repeated posts that basically have no content are actually pushing me away as a customer, not enticing me to spend my money on the items you are selling. Try being more descriptive in your posts and less pushy. This is starting to feel like a used car lot. If you are selling quality gear at a good price, and with good customer service, that will speak for itself.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you even a sponsor of this board?

Are there not rules against this? If not their should be!

I dont think it is pushy to let people know that they can save money on scuba products. No one has to look at them but there are plenty of people who like to know. As far as what new items, I see your point and from now on I will state what are the new items are. As far as the rules go Scuba Board told me what I can post and where to post

This belongs in the Hot Deals section.

This belongs in the Hot Deals section.

Exactly this forum is called "Gear / Equipment Classifieds"
Sure about that?
Hot Deals is the place to find limited quantity, inventory clearance and other special deals. Only businesses who advertise on ScubaBoard or who have become ScubaBoard Business Sponsors may start threads in this forum..
george w is neither so he is posting in the appropriate forum.

Sure about that?
george w is neither so he is posting in the appropriate forum.

sorry but you are WRONG ... respectfully, i see you may be a mod .... but PLEASE justify how this guys original post falls in classifieds?

and how is writing "new items added" an advertisement for anything for sale? and if it is, than why isn't it ok for the others who say stuff like "here is a link to my ebay listing"

whats the difference?
seriously!!!

I am afraid I have to agree with Ronzo here. How in the world are detail lacking shameless plugs for an online shop a classified ad? Would he consider trading for his gear? doubtful.

IMO this forum is not for commercial sales, it is for divers to buy and sell gear amongst each other. If the rules indeed do permit these sort of things, then they need to be reviewed and revised, if not this can get out of hand very quickly if evey dive vendor starts posting ad's like this in this forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom