Discussion: Postings in Gear/Classifieds forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Um can't you just start another forum for crap like this? If it seems everyone doesn't like it who cares if it is some rule or not. It's not the Constitution is it?

Um can't you just start another forum for crap like this? If it seems everyone doesn't like it who cares if it is some rule or not. It's not the Constitution is it?
In all fairness, everyone seems to be about 6 members. Out of thousands of active members that's a pretty small minority.

I addressed that here:
I can't say that I disagree but short of creating a: possible commercial entity - non-manufacturer non-store retailer who also has a start-up website forum - where would you suggest that a member be allowed to post? I can't believe that the low volume of posts from george w - and several others currently doing the same - would be enough of an impact to justify creation of a new forum. We advise all members with websites to promote them in their signature line.

And I won't be requesting a new forum for the 3 or 4 people who post links to their small scuba businesses in the classifieds. If you disagree with this, you're free to request a forum on their behalf, you'll need 12 people who agree (might ask george w and his fellow small business posters - kirkscuba etc...) and make a formal request in site support. The administrators will then review it and make a decision.

MWGemini seems to have made the best case for resolution in his latest post. Just click on george w's name and add him to your ignore list.

I've had a busy weekend but if I get time later today, I plan to split this discussion off into a new topic as mentioned previously. I'll post a link here when I do.

mods have slapped my wrists for less

Yep,I know I have.But it all depends on the forum.Steve gave a clear quote on the forum rules here.

I am posting this to say I am sorry for bothering anybody. My intent was never to do this. I may have done it poorly buy I was trying to give what I thought was good products at good pricing. This thread in my opinion is gotten out of hand. To then start to bash me on my knowledge and skill in diving was uncalled for. I followered the rules on posting that I was told. So again sorry. I will continue to post so if it bothers people dont open the thread. Thank you

George,
You just should make it more clear WHAT you want to sell.AND it would be nice if you also added some posts in the general scuba disscusions.Instead of just posting "adds"
There is something on SB called creating trust.:cool2:
Just a hint.:D

Well as a (to be former) SB supporter (not sporting the badge after this nor renewing) I still feel that just saying 'New items added' etc. and having no content in the thread isn't what this forum is for.

See former post to George W,but you have a point.

This is possibly the dumbest thread of all time, found anywhere on the internet.

New items added to WHAT?????
WHAT new items? Hell, what are the OLD items?
What the hell is the OP selling???

Ah, fug it - who cares. If you ask the guy what he wants for whatever it is he may be selling (and really, who knows, since he didn't say), he'd probably say "money". Real informative.

+1 for dumbest thread of all time.

This is possibly the dumbest thread of all time, found anywhere on the internet.

New items added to WHAT?????
WHAT new items? Hell, what are the OLD items?
What the hell is the OP selling???

Ah, fug it - who cares. If you ask the guy what he wants for whatever it is he may be selling (and really, who knows, since he didn't say), he'd probably say "money". Real informative.

+1 for dumbest thread of all time.
:rofl:

I guess... but with ignore I still see George W's threads. Oh well. Next time I have new items to sell ill let everyone know!

More and more people voicing there (negative) opinions it seems.

They won't want their own forum because no one will really look in there... as I said, most people are in here to find better deals than just a "sale" someone is having. They are hoping to find something used at a good discount.

NEWS FLASH!!!! ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!

I TOO have "added new items". It will be up to you to figure out what new items I have added, what I have added them TO, and why you should be aware of this. Good luck to all!

:beer: :popcorn:

Gotta love the SB.

Really though, his name is quite fitting. Maybe Somebody can throw a shoe at this George Dubya too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom