Disadvantages of DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
Well I don't think these fellas are actually trolling... just jigging with a bare hook.

Ya, just that one clase that called DIR a "con" seemed pretty close to a troll, but you're right, I don't think he'll get many bites.

O-ring:
Dude...I will tell you right now that if you shoot me with a speargun and blame it on the vis because we argue online I will haunt you like there is no tomorrow. I'll shake so many chains in your attic that you will shoot yourself because it will get so annoying.

We are diving the Northern Pacific..

thats a good dive, and just between you and me I don't spearfish. I was not kidding . they spearfish in zero viz here.
I know I've seen it, And I would never shoot you anyway. Who would I talk to if I did that , I thought the santa joke was funny! and I'm glad we have agreed to disagree. that's means the mods won't kick us to the curb again

lamont:
This is probably the #1 most annoying complaint about DIR that I read over and over and over again. Go out and take DIRF and go diving with your non-DIR buddies and I'm fairly certain that nobody will give a damn.
I did take DIR-F, and I do dive with non-DIR buddies. You're right... so far neither I nor anyone else gives a damn.
lamont:
Why is it that its always the people who object to DIR who are the most concerned with weither or not you're diving DIR with a non-DIR buddy?
I don't know that that's true, but if the bulk of your knowledge about DIR comes from reading posts about it on SB, I can see where you might get that idea. I don't object to DIR diving at all. I just recognise that because I regularly dive with non-DIR divers, I'm not DIR myself.
lamont:
Why do you care that all your dives, hypothetical or not, are labelled?
I don't care what you call my dives, but diving with non-DIR divers isn't DIR. I don't give a hoot that my diving isn't DIR, but since the thread was asking about the shortcomings of DIR, I thought it would be prudent to point out one that I hadn't seen mentioned.

If I were to dive strictly DIR, it would mean not diving with some of the people I like to dive with. The way I see it, that would make my diving less enjoyable, and anything that does that is a shortcoming.

novadiver:
thats a good dive, and just between you and me I don't spearfish. I was not kidding . they spearfish in zero viz here.
I know I've seen it, And I would never shoot you anyway. Who would I talk to if I did that , I thought the santa joke was funny! and I'm glad we have agreed to disagree. that's means the mods won't kick us to the curb again
Heh.. Good point..more fun to keep each other alive to balance out the scales. Hope to run into you around here one of these days and I agree...whatever we can do to stay under the mods radar is prob for the best.

Safe dives..

O-ring:
Heh.. Good point..more fun to keep each other alive to balance out the scales. Hope to run into you around here one of these days and I agree...whatever we can do to stay under the mods radar is prob for the best.

Safe dives..

Thanks O-ring , you're right , If we were all the same it would get boring, no anti DIR pun intended

When you say " run into " is that with your car or do you drive a truck?

novadiver:
Thanks O-ring , you're right , If we were all the same it would get boring, no anti DIR pun intended

When you say " run into " is that with your car or do you drive a truck?
LOL...that sounds anti-DIR to me!! Now where are the keys to the hemi...?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom