Disadvantages of DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novadiver:
NO I ment INVERTABRATES like spiders and ticks.

If an instructor is a good teacher than a student should be able to learn . It's the instructors job to teach,

Didn't realize spiders and ticks dove for sport.

Agreed an instructors job is to teach---would you agree that it is the students job to learn?

O-ring:
:) Good to hear from you too! Glad that we can agree to disagree these days..

BTW - we are heading up there next month and diving with the Surface Interval. I guess after that I have to shut up, eh?

I know you better than that and we've never met. What wreck are you diving? You'll find it funny how many divers spearfish in zero vis. Hope all goes well and leave some junk for the rest of us.

novadiver:
I know you better than that and we've never met. What wreck are you diving? You'll find it funny how many divers spearfish in zero vis. Hope all goes well and leave some junk for the rest of us.
Dude...I will tell you right now that if you shoot me with a speargun and blame it on the vis because we argue online I will haunt you like there is no tomorrow. I'll shake so many chains in your attic that you will shoot yourself because it will get so annoying.

We are diving the Northern Pacific..

QuoVadis:
Face it... You guys/gals ARE fanatics. In my opinion you bought into the biggest sales pitch/con game in recreational sports history. Sorry folks, but it's true. Concepts are great, utilization is another matter.....

I thought this was a "no trolling" zone? What gives?

d33ps1x:
Taking offense and getting all worked up over a troll on the internet smacks of boredom.

Log off Scubaboard, fill your tanks and go dive. The trolls disappear.

It seemed pretty straightforward to me O-ring.
LOL.. Ok, so you're telling me to "shut up and go dive"..?

d33ps1x:
Funny that neither of the people who tend to rub each other the wrong way seem to actually get out and dive much.

The rest of us no matter what our preference seem to be able to co-exist and have a good time diving instead of yapping about it. Managed 15 dives on various wrecks this week myself. A few of them without...shock...DIR divers on the boats, except for a couple of us. We actually managed to refrain from pulling out the chains and knives and having a good ol' rumble between rival gangs.

Fill your tanks, move this thread to whine and cheeze, and go diving...It's a great cure for boredom. Let's see if we can lower that 10%'er rate on both sides a bit eh? :D

This is how I find dive buddies and get my tanks filled at the same time.

MASS-Diver:
I thought this was a "no trolling" zone? What gives?

I don't take as a troll but I would like to hear what he means by, "utilization is another matter"

If he can't come back and explain that then perhaps it is a troll taht needs to be thrown under the bus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom