DIR or Sorta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not Even Close.:boom:

From my back-inflate BC to "rec" hoses.

Many dives and many dollars down the road, maybe.
But not today.:)

Jarhead

I noticed the address change on your profile!!!

You're a heck of a lot closer than you were before.

You can change your name to "Lower Yooper" now and be O.K.

Windknot

Yeah, I was thinking about Lost Troll, but I'll always be a Yooper at heart. Maybe if I lose my accent, I'll have to rethink. I'm just a lost Yooper for now :D. When are you coming up to the Straits?

Mike

Hey UP,
Do you have any extra of those zip tie installers?
I could always use an extra one at Boeing surplus prices.:D

For those who don't know the tool, it has an adjustable tension setting for different size ties and at the set tension a blade snaps up and cuts the tie tail. They always pull a consistent tension and there is never a sharp end sticking out to snag anyone.

Gotta get rid of the "Air Sucking Dog" moniker that I have quickly adapted first....hope to be doing some week day diving near Alpena this summer.

My Instructor/mentor's got a boat in Alpena and works a lot of weekends (as do I) so the opportunity to do some serious diving during the week will exist...

If you're interested...Let me know and the next time he sends out an "anyone interested" email I'll let you know.

W.K.

Originally posted by pipedope
Hey UP,
Do you have any extra of those zip tie installers?
I could always use an extra one at Boeing surplus prices.:D
It was a couple of years ago... but... you never know... next time I dare venture down there (it can be worse than a visit to a dive shop pocket book wise) I'll see if they have any more.

Non-DIR aspects of my semi-DIR rig, hmmmm...., how about gauges on a console and not my wrists.

Pretty non-DIR, but, when you stick your hands/arms in lobster holes all the time, it's nice not to have nothing strapped to your arms.

...a boat is a definite bonus.

Boats are NOT DIR. Just like snorkels, you can't use them in a cave.
:mean:

Hey Pugster, I've got a mini-hog ring pliers here that you'd pee yourself over. Add to that a couple thousand 1/8" hog rings and 100 yds of 1/8" mil-spec bungee cord & you're limited only by your imagination.
3/16" adhesive lined shrink tube dresses the hog ring connection off mighty pretty.
:wink:

Made in Germany, cuts flush, adjustable tension, looks cool. Like UP said it needs a holster and ammo belt to be complete.

ID

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom