DIR OpenWater config

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you know if it untucks while you're diving you can always tuck it back in...

this is a non-problem, don't try to fix it.

Who would have thought? :wink:

lamont:

If I'm not diving with a can light I have a DiveRite waist pocket that I stick in its place to route the long hose. I don't have thigh pockets yet so this does a good job of holding wetnotes as well.

You know, I have had my 7 ft hose come out from under my Helios 9 cannister. It must be the shorter length of these things. I must now revert back to a Pro 14 so this never happens again.

lamont:

Stephen Ash:
This has been the accepted routing for years (when can-less). Kompressor pretty much stands alone on this one. I can't remember ANY DIR/Hog diver that shared his opinion.

The "stock" of hog-divers who share my opinion is obviously much healthier around here! :D

Dan Gibson:
I have never had the hose come out unexpectedly when the cannister light was not being used, so I must disagree with your assessment.

Tucking the hose at the waist is acceptable.

As if I would change my mind! :rofl3: :wink:

If you like the way you have it routed then it doesn't matter what anyone else says. Ultimately it only matters to one person and that's you. =)

runamonk:
If you like the way you have it routed then it doesn't matter what anyone else says. Ultimately it only matters to one person and that's you. =)

Hey! Wait a minute... that doesn't sound right...

I might disagree with that...if it's not easily deployable and someone around you goes OOA, it might matter to them too. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom