DIR OpenWater config

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have a can light (on my wish list) and I have a 7' hose too. I've used it before and just routed it under my pocket on my right hip webbing. No problem. I still use my 5' too at times. I think I'm going to try and start using my 7' exclusively so I don't have to change my rig up that often.

I don't have a light of my own yet but have been known to use them on occasion. Even when diving sans light I like the 7' longhose. I don't want my hose to be shorter than anyone elses. I have to compensate with hose length to make up for my diving :)

Vayu:
... I have to compensate with hose length to make up for my diving :)
Whew.. .glad i'm not the only one. That is why I always make sure to bring the big SMB on my diving trips too :)

JKSteger:
I don't have a can light (on my wish list) and I have a 7' hose too. I've used it before and just routed it under my pocket on my right hip webbing. No problem. I still use my 5' too at times. I think I'm going to try and start using my 7' exclusively so I don't have to change my rig up that often.
Same here. No can light (yet), 7' hose, tucked under a pouch. Never had a problem with it coming undone. When I bought the hose, I did so under the guidance of the DIR instructor who recommended 7' for all situations, with or without a can light. I was not planning to buy a can light EVER at the time I bought it (tho I have since changed my position on that), and it was still the recommended option, and I have been very happy with it. Well, except on those occasions when I'm setting things up and my primary reg ends up in the dirt while getting ready for shore diving. ;-)

First rule of the long hose: ALWAYS clip off the long hose! :)

TSandM:
First rule of the long hose: ALWAYS clip off the long hose! :)

NAhhhh no need to, a "helpful" blue glove will clip it off for you :D

Ben_ca:
NAhhhh no need to, a "helpful" blue glove will clip it off for you :D

Yeah, but probably not to your right side D-ring!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom