DIr-f was a real eye opener!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver:
A first time passer, huh? Impressive! Congrats!

yup yup. we were two in the class me and a naui instructor. my instructor commented that i was easier to teach coz i had less dives and less bad habits to break. i adjusted easily to horizontal trimming better than the naui instructor.

only thing i need practice in are the s drills. and the backward kick. i can do them quite easily now but i have to think and pause before doing them. i wanna be doing them automatically without thinking. in time with more practice:)

novicediver:
Where do I find a class in Colorado?

you can check out WWW.GUE.COM. im not sure if they have classes in colorado but you can check the schedule in their website.

novicediver:
Where do I find a class in Colorado?
We will be offering another fundies class November 5,6 and 7 in Albuquerque and then Blue Hole, Santa Rosa.

The class will be taught by Joe Talavera, offered through New Mexico Scuba Center

The classes are terrific and offer all divers serious improvements to their dive style as well as skill sets.

The classes are terrific and offer all divers serious improvements to their dive style as well as skill sets.[/QUOTE]

i couldnt agree with you more!

Spoon:
it wasnt only a wonderful class it was an awesome class. it made my aow class so pitifull. im soo glad i took this course totally worth it. learned a lot in the classroom and even more underwater. im also glad i took this early in my game as this will be my foundation. and a strong one it wil be. i dont want to go bashing on other certifying agencies but this is the kind of real-world practical stuff they should be teaching their students. how to be safe, competent, confident divers who actually think for themselves instead of having some Dm with all them plastic cards thinking for you (got a lot of bad experience from people like this)

i kinda feel frustrated now that im one of the few in my country who are dir. it will be quite an adjustment diving with other divers who are not familiar with this hollistic approach to diving. Martin, my instructor was even mentionioning that Gue will have an open water course next year wherein they teach dir-f , damn that will be one good course!

Ok, because I am still new I guess.... but what is Dir-F? :11:

Doing It RIght -- Fundamentals

Global Underwater Explorer's (GUE) entry level course, after which you can
go up Tech 1, 2, 3, Cave 1, 2, 3, etc.

Andy explained it fairly well. Lawyers.....
Please don't get scared by us. We are nice girls and guys. Well, the most of us are. :D
There is a lot of noise and hot air but it's basically all about making your diving safer and more enjoyable while being an integral part of a team of divers.

aquaoren:
There is a lot of noise and hot air but it's basically all about making your diving safer .

case to case basis but most of this is true especially when there is alcohol involved:)

mushymom:
Ok, because I am still new I guess.... but what is Dir-F? :11:
There is an organization called Global Underwater Explorers (GUE) who are, in essence, cave divers, and people who explore underwater areas usually regarded as off limits to recreational divers. They have quite an interesting history worth reading about.

They are excellent divers who have developed a "system" of diving that is unmatched in skill level, and safety by any other agency. Their system of diving is called "Doing It Right," or DIR. GUE teaches the basics of these skills along with the concepts of their equipment configuration called DIR-F or DIR Fundamentals.

There are many people who don't know much about it but will speak out against the concept so take their criticisms with a grain of salt and check DIR out for yourself.

If you really want to become a better diver you'd do well to investigate taking the class.
As I understand it, the training will take you to the next level of diving experience.

Randy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom