DIR divers: Deviations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy:
Why waste time while your buddy is potentially drowning to finagle the inflator out of the bungee when, in practice, it doesn't cause a problem. His wing now controls both of your buoyancy (you are essentially laying down on him). There's a lot of gas in there, so dumping gas is not a problem. In fact I have a hard time not dumping too much.

Get on top of him, control of him, and make sure there is a regulator in his mouth, and get moving, assuming he's not still convulsing.

It's a solution to a non-existent problem.

Disclaimer: I use the word "him" in the gender neutral manner :)
Sogs, you're not wasting time at all . . .
After you do all above and prior to ascent, just simply undo the Inflator & Hose unit from the bungie retainer and dump gas from the wing as needed. . .
Soggy:
It's a solution to a non-existent problem.
Actually it's an option to facilitate resolution of the existing problem (Toxing Diver). . .

rjack321:
I got a DC suit, ML (which is silly) cave cut. How or why it actually fits I dunno, bought it off the rack at 5thD. Same time as Bones, but his leaks and mine doesn't - go figure.

Wife unit's gonna get real neoprene boots put on her TLS350. No more whimpy little turbo soles for her. Those things are just pathetic IMO. I suppose if you have achilles tendons of steel and only walk on sand they might be ok.
LOL, and I just swaped out my DC booties for Turbo soles.

JeffG:
LOL, and I just swaped out my DC booties for Turbo soles.

Her feet are just too danged small, womens 6 I think. With a turbo sole she's falling out of size "M" jets with the smallest size spring we can fit on there.

lamont:
oh, i just bought a CF200 instead of a TLS350...

GI3 has never done a shore entry at cove 2 on a low tide with a full set of doubles, a stage bottle a deco bottle and two scooters... I'm optimizing for the most dangerous part of the dive, which is the entry...

Its also frakkin cold up here, and 400g thinsulate and argon craps out after about an hour in the water...

Where are you headed with all that gear in Cove 2? Just practice or are you heading out to mid-bay? I bet that dive flag throws the ships quite a bit!

JeffG:
Yea...and you use those Galaxy 500 type scooters too. Need a crane to get those bad boys into the water. :wink:
And he wears his hood crooked too ... definite Rule 6 violation ... :rofl3:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

CIMG0537.jpg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom