DIR Class: The Truth Comes Out (Again)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are ruthless. :D

...But flattery will get you everywhere. :D I'll put it together.

I think that RavenC's got something already written...

SeaJay:
...Which means that in the long run, it was decided that a BAN was not fair.

No it doesn't.

MikeFerrara:
No it doesn't.

Wait, wait I know the next line:
Yes it does.
Then I think it goes:
No it doesn't.
:D
And so on. Someone has to be the first to drop this.
Quit already!!!

I'm really very interested in class report. I'd really like to hear more.

Thanks very much!

scuba_luv:
Wait, wait I know the next line:
Yes it does.
Then I think it goes:
No it doesn't.
:D
And so on. Someone has to be the first to drop this.
Quit already!!!

I'm really very interested in class report. I'd really like to hear more.

Thanks very much!

I think that if the object of a class report was the object of the thread we would have seen it already.

My money says the thread is going just about as it was intended to go.

NWGratefulDiver:
Soooo ... is this what y'all talked about in DIR class?

Sheesh ... there's 27,000 members on this board, and maybe that many lurkers. How many of them do you think really want to be reading this stuff? My guess would be very few ...

Take it offline, please ... I'm sure you could work this out to a far better conclusion if you did so a bit less publicly, as would be the appropriate way to go about it.

A discussion of your DIR class would be a far more interesting read ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Got to go along with Bob here. While this has been entertaining (like watching a car crash) I would prefer to be reading about SeaJays class. I've always liked how both of you write (SeaJay and Doc) and I've learned a great deal from each of you. SeaJay I know you feel that you've been smacked down in a public forum, but perhaps it would be best you if you and Doc got together and discussed this over a beverage of your choice. Hash it out between yourselves and move on. Personally I believe that this board is lessened without SeaJay's presence be it his choice or someone elses.

Come on SeaJay and Raven - tell us about the class. I want to know what was good, what was bad. I want to hear about the joy that you felt during and after the class. I also want to know about the difficulties. Hey, I didn't pass my fundementals class, so I want to know what it feels like. Lastly - WAY TO GO!!! Nice to see that hard work pays off.

So you're maintaining that I should remain banned? Or was a suspension fair? After all, there is a difference between being banned and being suspended.

Anyone care to inform me of what crime I committed to deserve either a suspension or a banning? I mean, I admit to saying something that I shouldn't have - but there's been much larger offenders of this than me, and in fact, they've been promoted to moderator status recently. Additionally, my "punishment" - whether defined as banning or suspension - was not for the crime of sexual innuendo... Despite what you say now. I know that because it was weeks after saying the word "frisky" that I was punished - without anyone saying a word to me. If my crime had been sexual innuendo, then punishment would have been swift and harsh, the moment a mod saw it... Not taking three weeks or so to come around. So... If my crime was not sexual innuendo, then what crime did I commit that got me banned, which later became a suspension?

MikeFerrara:
I think that if the object of a class report was the object of the thread we would have seen it already.

My money says the thread is going just about as it was intended to go.

Maybe so, maybe so. Considering the two posts between yours and this one.
<hits head against monitor, repeatedly>
Going to go dive now!

SeaJay:
I mean, I admit to saying something that I shouldn't have - but there's been much larger offenders of this than me, and in fact, they've been promoted to moderator status recently.
More than one of the moderators have been banned before. Personally I should have been banned but somehow managed to avoid it. Pete is a very forgiving person, and being forgiven for a mistake and given a second chance, does not in anyway indicate that the initial punishement was not warranted.

Some of the most valuable members on ScubaBoard have been banned in the past. What's important is not that they were banned, but what they did after. Some choose to learn from the past, others repeat it, and still others resent it.

To which group to you want to belong?

overexposed2X:
Got to go along with Bob here. While this has been entertaining (like watching a car crash)

Heh. :D

SeaJay I know you feel that you've been smacked down in a public forum, but perhaps it would be best you if you and Doc got together and discussed this over a beverage of your choice.

Kool-aid.

Just kidding. :D

*Sigh.*

I brought this up. Unless someone bans me again, I'm the only one that can drop this... Since I'm the only one still holding onto it. Of course, I suspect that once I've given my report, I'm gonna be ousted permenantly. I think they're waiting to drop the axe until after I've told my story.

Come on SeaJay and Raven - tell us about the class.

Maybe I should start a new thread with the story so it's not diluted with this crapola (can I say "crapola?") You know, in the interest of purity and all...

Hey, I didn't pass my fundementals class, so I want to know what it feels like. Lastly - WAY TO GO!!! Nice to see that hard work pays off.

Thanks. :D

Yeah, I think I can put you *right there.* :D I'll put it together...

James Goddard:
Some of the most valuable members on ScubaBoard have been banned in the past. What's important is not that they were banned, but what they did after. Some choose to learn from the past, others repeat it, and still others resent it.

To which group to you want to belong?

I want to belong to the group that doesn't get crapped on and is supposed to come back "a changed person." That's baloney... It's not right.

Okay, okay... Dropping this now.

'Doc, next time I'm in FL (next couple of weeks?) you and I are getting together for a beer - or some Kool-Aid. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom