Din Adapter From The Dark Side.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

northernone

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm sure someone will come up with the exact dive scenario this is required. Or at least knows someone who keeps one just in case!

I was digging around looking for inexpensive regs and came across this gem. Any guess as to the purpose. I'll open with a solution for an SPG on a dual hose?

Save a dive kit must have?

Attachments

• 1435213273.jpg
    1435213273.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 230
That's an odd duck! What site did you see that on?

I generally avoid breathing anything that might quack like a duck personally. Perhaps there's a specialty for it.

I'm nosing through these guys. OEM or clones for a ton of gear.

W.M.D-Valve And Manifold

Without hijacking an important thread such as this; is the general consensus (because obviously we are a unified body of divers) to run for our lives from these kind of products?

Here's the description:
In order to, a diver will more convenient,
this type can set up 2 of 1st reg at the sametime.
And those 2 of 1st reg will separate supply the air.
For diver, will be more safety to use it.

So it gives you the ability to go from a DIN tank to one DIN regulator and one Yoke. Kinda of a solution in search of a problem, in my book.

They also have several yoke yoke and din din versions as well as what liiks like the old cheater bars and some other fun ideas not sure any of them are much better.

My goodness. That's a weird one.

Perhaps they confused the concept of twinsets to mean two sets of regulators. Well, at least its rated to 300 bar,

Without isolator valves, I have no idea what the purpose might be.

Bob

I'm sure someone will come up with the exact dive scenario this is required. Or at least knows someone who keeps one just in case!

I was digging around looking for inexpensive regs and came across this gem. Any guess as to the purpose. I'll open with a solution for an SPG on a dual hose?

Save a dive kit must have?
Yoke reg. Traveling in a DIN environment. DIN valves encountered are NOT convertible as they do not have a dimple and so an insert cannot be used.

Yoke reg. Traveling in a DIN environment. DIN valves encountered are NOT convertible as they do not have a dimple and so an insert cannot be used.

I kid you not, I saw that happen this year. Through poor communication a diver needed to borrow another divers tanks and when they both arrived at the boat they realized the problem with the dimple less DIN valves and yoke reg. Fortunately we had plenty of spare tanks and I'm not advocating adding that contraption to anyone's kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom