Difference in DIN to Yoke converters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meatsim

Registered
Reaction score
Are there any real differences in DIN to Yoke converters to look for when buying one? Other than cosmetic and making them match the only real differences i can see are what they are made from and if they are made from a single piece or multiple piece that assembly.

I didnt think what they are made from was really an issue as i wont be leaving it assembled to allow corrosion, just put it on when needed.

The single piece construction would have less points of failure

anything i'm missing or anything else to look out for?

It has to go over your yoke valve. Some of the (older) yoke valves are kinda wide, and some of the converters are kinda narrow, so not all the converters fit all the valves.

The other consideration is some of the converters are really heavy. A pain for air travel.

Some are heavy, some are a bit longer which makes the first stag closer to your head when diving in trim, and some are just WAY over priced. They all do the same job, really. I prefer to low profile, low cost option like this XS Scuba Standard spin-on yoke adapter

the price of some of them really got me, i was defiantly looking at the low cost option otherwise it looks like all you are paying for is the name

I've just seen people posting requests for certain brands so thought i might be missing something

I have a cheap Pro Mate converter, works great, pretty low profile and cheap.

There are some cheap adaptors out there that are crap. Mostly because they have super sharp threads that will take the plating off what ever it is mated with. Also depending on your reg the matching mfg adaptor parts can be used to "permanently" swap over to yoke.

I use Poseidons for all of mine because they are much lighter than most and have a metal yoke valve which I like. Super expensive to buy new, but you can find them on ebay pretty regularly. Nit picking, but they do all have to be 2 piece because of the screw.... Unless you're talking about the swivel ones, but I don't think I've ever seen one like that. No reason for it since the din screw swivels.

I got mine from Leisure Pro, $20 shipped.

https://www.divegearexpress.com/dgx-din-to-yoke-spin-on-adapter

same here. No reason to spend that much. If you're going to spend $40 on a yoke converted like the one John posted, you may as well spend $60ish depending on the reg you have and buy the yoke adapter and swap the actual connection when you need to dive yoke. Saves you from having the first stage whack you in the head because the yoke adapters add about 2" to the length of the regulator. Or just buy a cheap old scubapro first stage that are a dime a dozen on ebay and use that when you have to travel. Swapping hoses over isn't rocket science

Back
Top Bottom