Difference between force and jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sibermike, are you saying that Jets are not designed to support back to the heel?
EXACTLY! You picture shows that quite clearly. No matter what (the picture doesn't show how tight the actual fit is, but it does show that your heel is NOT going to go any further in accompanied by the metatarsals.

Is this a problem?
NOW the can of worms gets opened!! :D For me - YES!! For others, no problemo. I get horrible foot cramps because I have such high arches that I could propel myself through the water simply with amount of movement that the fins allow on my toes! :shakehead:

Or do people get Jets that the can get their heel further into?
Yeah, just take a knife and cut away the top portion so your metatarsals with slide further forward. :shocked2: NO, I am just joking, but you see my point.

Any JetFin advocates out there that would like to pitch in on this?
This doesn't mean that it is a problem for you, but it is for me.

Ahem. THIS customer (me me me) loves his FFs. (3 pairs) but HATES the bungee straps. I understand the miltary's req. for stealth but this is the only department where Apollos have you dead. I would much prefer "real steel" fin straps.

Hey! If you ever end up with a set of bungees that you are throwing away in disgust, throw them my way!! :D I LOVE those things!! If I ever get an extra set of nylons I'll throw them your way. Deal?? :eyebrow:

Ahem. THIS customer (me me me) loves his FFs. (3 pairs) but HATES the bungee straps. I understand the miltary's req. for stealth but this is the only department where Apollos have you dead. I would much prefer "real steel" fin straps.
I wonder if Bob sells rubber "knobs" that are the standard Bio-Fin size that could be bolted to the FFins to accomodate the steel springs of death! :eyebrow:

Just a thought Bob! (maybe you have already thunk that thought??)

Do Jetfin users go to bed early or are they all still in their caves?

Hoping I get some input because the Jets feel strange but that *may* be because they were never designed to extend support back to the heel and this may be ok. But I'd appreciate confirmation of such as I am very close to sending them back in favour of XLs - but I've never worn an XL anything in my whole life.

My call to action still remains: any jetfin users that are happy to tell me the length of their protrusion? :)

Hi JClynes,

I'm a former Jet Fin user...yes my heel protruded a few inches past the foot pocket base. I though that was fine until I tried on a different type of fin with heel support. I prefer heel support.

You may want to ask your question in the DIR section, Jet Fins seem to have a large following there. Ask your question directly. "How far should one's heel protrude past the foot pocket?"

Good luck,

couv

I wonder if Bob sells rubber "knobs" that are the standard Bio-Fin size that could be bolted to the FFins to accomodate the steel springs of death! :eyebrow:

Just a thought Bob! (maybe you have already thunk that thought??)

If you want the webbing straps I will gladly trade you a set for your Bungies, I love my bungies. If you want springs for your ForceFins, I can make you a set, it might take me a little time but... pay for the springs and I'll put it together for you.

Jets, size L, see how my foot's bent
View attachment 52711

That's how they are supposed to fit assuming you can get them on and off. If they are too tight, they are too tight. XL's would probably fit you fine in a thicker boot. If you already have the boot, send them back and get the XL.

Mom!!!! I ASKED first!!!! :depressed::no:

If you guys can think of an easy way to get "the rivets off the bungees off the fins" on any of my FFs without destroying the rivets - the bungees are yours!

I am amazed that Bob has not come up with a better mousetrap here. The fins are superbly made but the crappy bungees are ridiculous. They look cheap and seem out of place on the fins. I'm not saying that they do not work, don't misunderstand me. But when you're paying top dollar for a pair of fins, it seems that much can be done to improve the fin straps. And yes, I've done my time installing the bungees on all of my fins and that was a much too major undertaking.

TRIDACNA, Straps...Bungee.. the first year we sold Force Fin their was no strap on the fin. When some bodysurfing people started using the fin they would stop kicking once they got into the wave and well ..we ended up putting on a strap. I made the bungee for a request from the U.S. Marines and it works. The Bungee is U.S. Made for marine work. Thanks. Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom