Difference between force and jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would just destroy the rivets, if you need new ones, just ask Bob, I know he already includes replacements in the kit when you buy either bungies or replacement straps.

Personnally, I have been using bungies for about 5 years now and I love them, I think they are superbly made and compliment the look of the fin nicely. I have not had one go... yet.

Are your bungies the older white material or the newer black ones, I have heard the white ones were not holding up as well. You say that they are crappy and ridiculus, can you elaborate and provide some insight into the actual problems that you have with their function.

MEESIER,
THINKING ABOUT U.S. MADE BUNGEE,..... i JUST GOT THE NEWS THAT TO FIND the SCREWS WE USE ON WINGLETS WE WILL HAVE TO PAY $600.00 FOR 1,000 SCREWS USA MADE. The China stuff is real cheap, but I want to support the American worker. Talk about crappy and ridiculus.

If you guys can think of an easy way to get "the rivets off the bungees off the fins" on any of my FFs without destroying the rivets - the bungees are yours!

Rivets? Rivets? We don't need no stinkin' rivets! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Sorry Tri-d, just could NOT resist! Actually mine have bolts now. if they are riveted, just drill the rivets out and throw the rivets away. Don't need the rivets.

Are your bungies the older white material or the newer black ones, I have heard the white ones were not holding up as well. You say that they are crappy and ridiculus, can you elaborate and provide some insight into the actual problems that you have with their function.

Aha! That might explain it. I have the black ones and LOVE them!:eyebrow:

Quit "messing" with this guy. The bungees are mine! :D

MEESIER,
THINKING ABOUT U.S. MADE BUNGEE,..... i JUST GOT THE NEWS THAT TO FIND the SCREWS WE USE ON WINGLETS WE WILL HAVE TO PAY $600.00 FOR 1,000 SCREWS USA MADE. The China stuff is real cheap, but I want to support the American worker. Talk about crappy and ridiculus.

Who is your supplier?? :confused:

So guys, If I were to try out these fins, you know, to see for myself, make up my own mind, let the fins do the talking type of thing, what would be the model recommended? It appears to me that there is a phethora of available models out there. Also, where in S. Fla. could I actually see and touch a pair? Who carries a good selection? This is a serious inquiry, no troll. As I stated earlier, I want to see for myself, good or bad.

So guys, If I were to try out these fins, you know, to see for myself, make up my own mind, let the fins do the talking type of thing, what would be the model recommended? It appears to me that there is a phethora of available models out there. Also, where in S. Fla. could I actually see and touch a pair? Who carries a good selection? This is a serious inquiry, no troll. As I stated earlier, I want to see for myself, good or bad.

Definitely try the Jets. In fact try them first. Get "comfortable" with them. Then try a pair of Force Fins either, Pro (what I currently use personally), Tan Delta, or Excellerating. Stay away from the originals. It seems to me that while ideal for tubing, they lack a little bit for scuba.

I promise you that you will NOT think that you are doing anything with the FFs after using the jets. But have your progress monitored and you'll see for yourself. I also recommend going to the FF website to see how to use the fins to give them an honest shake. They have a great video of an "instructor" giving "tips" to a diver. :wink:

Then you will be able to say from 1st hand experience why you dive with what you do.

Just add water and enjoy!

where in S. Fla. could I actually see and touch a pair? Who carries a good selection? This is a serious inquiry, no troll. As I stated earlier, I want to see for myself, good or bad.

Now THAT I don't know although I would like to know because I am visiting FL in March!!! :eyebrow:

Maybe the website will have supplier info. I'll just bet that Blair could tell you. Send them an e-mail. They have been "johnny on the spot" well, except that they haven't offered to take me to lunch yet. (hint, hint) I guess they think all Baptist preachers eat a lot! :rofl3:

I am know for certain their website does not have a distributor list and Blair might know but I think calling this number (800) FIN SWIM [346-7946] and either one of two women will pick up Susanne Chess or Vickie will know your answer to that. They are friendly and very helpful. Sibermike, you are an amusing character and I like your posts:)

If you can't find a someone that is willing to loan you a pair, let me know, I am more than willing to loan a pair out.

As for the fins to use, well that depends on how you plan to use them. If you are planning to use them for primarily recreation single tank diving, I highly recommend the Pro Force. This is the fin that does everything that you could need in this type of environment and they don't cost an arm and a leg.

Of course you can always check craigslist or ebay, or can often find a pair pretty cheap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom