Did we find the bottom ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alan,
If your son was about to pull that exact dive off with identical equipment configuration,and Dive Planning as you did. Would you stop him or give him your blessing?

Frank,
If one of your daughters was about to pull that exact dive off with identical equipment configuration,and Dive Planning as you did. Would you stop her or give her your blessing?

Dave

FIXXERVI6:
I dunno man thats quite a bit of a haul, if the travis river doesn't turn back into a lake by the time summer roles around I'll be looking for new holes, been having my eye on Arkansas lakes.

Give me a shout when you guys come up. I'd be happy to join you. I can't get many to dive around here. :shakehead

I hit Oronogo a couple of weekends ago just to check it out. Great vis (40' above 100ffw) for inland water. It's a pretty nice quarry. 230' deep with tunnels that go back "miles" for people with Trimix and Cave. It's a bit cold though (50f). :D It's better in the summer with warm water starting around 50~70ffw.

PacketSniffer:
Give me a shout when you guys come up. I'd be happy to join you. I can't get many to dive around here. :shakehead

I hit Oronogo a couple of weekends ago just to check it out. Great vis (40' above 100ffw) for inland water. It's a pretty nice quarry. 230' deep with tunnels that go back "miles" for people with Trimix and Cave. It's a bit cold though (50f). :D It's better in the summer with warm water starting around 50~70ffw.

Oronogo is a bit farther out even more! I guess tho with the water the way its been around here i need to start venturing further out, it would be nice to hook up with someone that knows the area, I'll flag this for future reference.

FIXXERVI6:
Oronogo is a bit farther out even more!

I'll meet ya halfway then at Lake Ouachita. :wink: I haven't been there *yet*.

PacketSniffer:
I'll meet ya halfway then at Lake Ouachita. :wink: I haven't been there *yet*.

I haven't been there yet either, having problems getting enough people rounded up to rent a boat.

I've read, please tell me if I'm wrong, that the first people to dive the Andrea Doria (200+fsw) were on plain old air. The first deaths on the Doria (other than those that went down with the ship) didn't occur until peopld were diving it on trimix.

shaggie:
I've read, please tell me if I'm wrong, that the first people to dive the Andrea Doria (200+fsw) were on plain old air. The first deaths on the Doria (other than those that went down with the ship) didn't occur until peopld were diving it on trimix.

Yes, the first death I believe was done on air as most people were diving air at that time. So, that's a moot point. Moreover, I *think* Richie Kohler dove all of his dives during that time period on Doria with air. I can't remember exactly at this moment. Unlike, Kohler, Chatterton possibly was the first to use trimix on the Doria despite them both diving "together". Chatteron was using air at first though until he discovered the use of trimix from others.

It's more about the quantity rather than the type of gas that's the major issue here.

shaggie:

Trimix isn't the issue. The first divers on the Doria weren't doing it as "bounce dives" on single AL80's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom