Did the Forum Name get changed????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No dive shops were consulted about this or the other numerous name changes to our regional forums. The changes came from an analysis of how people find ScubaBoard and is designed to improve upon that. No drama, no subterfuge and certainly no coercion.

I note that the URL changed again. On behalf of everyone who bookmarks individual Forums, change the page titles all you want, but please stop changing the URLs. IMO, most of us go to the same forums over and over and don't want to wade through the menus every time we want to share our knowledge or gather information about a specific area. Don't the search engines use the page title over the URL when indexing anyway?

Thanks.

Without blowing things out of proportion, how many times have these forums changed names? How big is the real impact on the SB member?

URL is heavily weighted for SEO.

Links to Florida Conch divers should point to the new name.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Links to Florida Conch divers should point to the new name.
Thanks for figuring that one out! It should save a lot of angst! :D

I'm sure that nobody was offended by "Conch", if so they probably aren't divers......:wink:

I note that the URL changed again. On behalf of everyone who bookmarks individual Forums, change the page titles all you want, but please stop changing the URLs. IMO, most of us go to the same forums over and over and don't want to wade through the menus every time we want to share our knowledge or gather information about a specific area.

Thanks.
They're the same: ScubaBoard - ScubaBoard Home - florida-diving/ So when the page title changes so does the URL. It's the way .vBulletin designed it.

Don't the search engines use the page title over the URL when indexing anyway?
No, they index page title, url, meta tags, meta title tags etc. - I used to do SEO optimization.

I'm sure that nobody was offended by "Conch", if so they probably aren't divers......:wink:

It's not that people were offended. It's that people were confused. Not just by Conch, but by several of the forum names (which many of the are already changed). Easier titles make it easier to navigate ScubaBoard, which can be daunting for new members.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom