Diary of an IDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool, I know you'll do great, TwoBit. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Foo

Good Luck Tom!! It will be interesting to know your take on this as I went through this program (different CD) last summer

Wishing you the best of luck and happy studying!

End of classroom session day one. We have discussed different teaching methods and lesson planning. We have discussed why things are set up the way they are and why we should follow PADI's outline. We went through one independent learning review.

We were shown the teaching evaluation and we talked about how to do well.

As a group, we did a lesson plan for a portion of module one and our CD presented it.

As home work we were each assigned a portion of a module to prepare and we present tomorrow. I was assigned DCS in module 4.

I feel like it's good information. I now understand lesson planning and presenting better. I feel like the information can help me in a number of ways outside scuba.

I have heard this before, but I'll state it too. The IDC doesn't teach you the information. It teaches you how to present the information. PADI assumes you already have the knowledge. It is now time to learn the PADI method of presenting that knowledge to the students.

Tomorrow, we get wet, show off a skills circuit, and then present.

TwoBit

Don't stop at AI, Txn. You love teaching, so get it over with and - teach!

I am a fairly recent graduate and I can tell you there's nothing else I'd rather be doing, in public, anyway. It just rocks.

Well as they say the best laid plans of mice and men...

We didn't make it into the pool, so we spent the day presenting, preparing presentations, and presenting again and reviewing our scores. There are 4 of us so it takes a little bit.

In a presentation there are certain topics that must be hit. In some cases they must be hit in the proper order or you don't get full credit.

You are evaluated on 6 parts. The introduction, the body, the summary, sequencing and relationship of material, training aids, and quality of voice, gestures, and mannerisms. Each section is scored 1-5 with an average target of 3.5.

My first presentation I scored 4.0 and my second I scored a 4.5.

I am also an experienced presenter.

Lecture and pool work to come later.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
My first presentation I scored 4.0 and my second I scored a 4.5.
TwoBit

nothing shabby about that tex.

Here is my secret take on academic presentations:

Do a short but good contact
tell them the page number
read the intro out of the instructor manual and then put it into your own words.

read the body out of the instructor manual or off the slide, and then put it into your own words.
sneak in the three E's

complete the sumary and repeat the three E's

BINGO. 4.3 minimum
do the same with the

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom