DGX regulators - Opinions Please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't say anything about their Warranty Policy.

I was talking about their Return Policy. After my Seabear is out of warranty, I can still return it to DGX for a full credit.

Returns & Refunds FAQ | Dive Gear Express®

Notice that there is no time limit on a return for store credit. And there is no exclusion based on the manufacturer. There are only exceptions for specific items that are marked as non-returnable. Computers and regulators are not items that have a "non-returnable" exception. An example of a non-returnable item is CCR absorbent.

There is no time limit but that does not mean that they cannot refuse your claim. For example, what if I purchased a set of regulators from them. Used them for a number of years and then returned them when they needed rebuilding and asked for store credit so I can buy a new set. That would be an awesome deal, you can get new regulators every few years. Somehow I don't think this would fly and rightly so.

Where I see this going is a situation where a person buys some gear lets say in November but cannot dive it until June and then decides it is not to his liking. Which is a great policy. Leisure Pro and Scuba.com only give 120 days which is generous.

There is no time limit but that does not mean that they cannot refuse your claim. For example, what if I purchased a set of regulators from them. Used them for a number of years and then returned them when they needed rebuilding and asked for store credit so I can buy a new set. That would be an awesome deal, you can get new regulators every few years. Somehow I don't think this would fly and rightly so.

Actually, it is exactly like that. However, if you pull that one, after they honor it, I expect they will no longer sell anything to you.

Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Actually, it is exactly like that. However, if you pull that one, after they honor it, I expect they will no longer sell anything to you.

Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

I think there has perhaps been a misunderstanding, perhaps mine. I don't think that is what's being suggested and I know that is something ams511 would never do, he's a good man.

Like pretty much everyone here, I've shopped with DGX and have nothing but great things to say about them. I do have Deep 6 signature regs, that are not the same thing, but I do want to make the point that Deep 6 stands by their products like few other companies, so whatever happens, you have an ethical company who will support you.

I will tell them my name is Stuart and use a mail drop in Virginia. :nyah:

I think there has perhaps been a misunderstanding, perhaps mine. I don't think that is what's being suggested and I know that is something ams511 would never do, he's a good man.

While myself and probably 98% of others would never try such a stunt, there is a significant minority of people that would. That is why most stores do not have such a policy and why I was questioning this. Just think that anyone that flooded a computer or wanted an upgrade could say it did not meet my expectations and trade it in for a new one.

I don't doubt that what they said to Stuart was true but I think that was a special circumstance related to the Seabear and not a blanket policy.

It's hard to beat DGX customer service and if you're looking at the Deep 6 Gear reg setup,you cannot beat Deep 6s customer service. That's a win win in my book.

Does anyone dive the DGX deep6 regs?

I am looking to buy a set of new regs for my doubles.

I am diving hog d3 with zenith first stages for my single setup at the moment and I have absolutely no criticisms, they have been great. Has anyone dived both and could offer some insight?

The DGX doubles package is probably 30-35% cheaper than what I could get the same set up from my LDS in hog.

I would probably have to order some deep6 service kits as well because I won't have access to them locally. Will the hog service kits work?

My wife dives them. Only used them 3 times but she loves them. Says they are much better breather than her Zeagle F8. I plan on using them to see for myself in the near future

Does anyone dive the DGX deep6 regs?

I am looking to buy a set of new regs for my doubles.

I am diving hog d3 with zenith first stages for my single setup at the moment and I have absolutely no criticisms, they have been great. Has anyone dived both and could offer some insight?

The DGX doubles package is probably 30-35% cheaper than what I could get the same set up from my LDS in hog.

I would probably have to order some deep6 service kits as well because I won't have access to them locally. Will the hog service kits work?

I have not dove the DGX regs, but they will be a bit of a step backwards from your D3's and the parts kits at least on the first stage will not be interchangeable.

The signature series from Deep6 is a bump up from your D3's and the parts kits are compatible with the D3's and vice versa with the Deep6 parts using a lot better materials. They're more expensive, but come with the first set of service kits for free which is nice as well as being higher quality
Deep 6 Signature Double Tank Regulator Package - Regulator Packages - Regulators

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom