DGX D6 reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe2518

Contributor
Reaction score
I just received this reg. was going to use it as my backup and to replace the r195. Currently running mk25 evo/g260.

I noticed the exhaust port is a little large and the reg basically rests on the front of my chin but it makes the mouth piece hard to reach and it's at an angle.

The only thing I thought might be a solution would be a mouthpiece that extends out a bit farther. Given the reg is new, I can certainly return it to try something from dive rite or the dgx extra... assuming both don't have the same issue for me.

thoughts/suggestions?

I just received this reg. was going to use it as my backup and to replace the r195. Currently running mk25 evo/g260.

I noticed the exhaust port is a little large and the reg basically rests on the front of my chin but it makes the mouth piece hard to reach and it's at an angle.

The only thing I thought might be a solution would be a mouthpiece that extends out a bit farther. Given the reg is new, I can certainly return it to try something from dive rite or the dgx extra... assuming both don't have the same issue for me.

thoughts/suggestions?
Switch the mouthpiece from the 260 to the D6 and visa versa and see how the feel, the mouthpiece is the major contact point between you and the reg.

g260 is perfect. the exhaust port piece protrudes just a bit too much relative to the position of the mouthpiece. There is definitely nothing wrong with the d6... just doesn't work with my facial features. I'm going to try out the other dgx reg which i believe might be loosely based off the g250. :)

I found the D6 mouthpiece to be unusable, not a great fan of the common SP one either but it works better, my point is find a mouthpiece that fits you and you can put that on any reg. You have the 260 mouth piece whilst should be simple to remove with the reusable clamp, try it on the deep 6 to see how it feels, the only cost there is the zip tie.

i feel like the d6 sets the mouthpiece in farther relative to the exhaust port. Doesn't seem an issue for anyone else but me :)

unfortunately the exhaust port portion that touches my chin then puts the mouthpiece at a slight angle going into my mouth.

If you had duck lips like me this would not be an issue:D

i didn't want to spend all that extra money on another g260 plus the chance to try another brand inexpensively

You might also look for a mouthpiece that has a longer "shank" to it. I've noticed some variation in that on different mouthpieces I have.

Respectfully,

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom