DGX D6 reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shave a circle like those monk dudes but at the front of your chin

I just received this reg. was going to use it as my backup and to replace the r195. Currently running mk25 evo/g260.

I noticed the exhaust port is a little large and the reg basically rests on the front of my chin but it makes the mouth piece hard to reach and it's at an angle.

The only thing I thought might be a solution would be a mouthpiece that extends out a bit farther. Given the reg is new, I can certainly return it to try something from dive rite or the dgx extra... assuming both don't have the same issue for me.

thoughts/suggestions?

Question: Does it do this in the water with your face angled down as you normally are? The reg gets a bit floaty with air in it submerged.

I didn't want to get the reg wet as I'll be returning it. My feeling is that if it doesn't work well right from the get go, I'd rather swap it out versus try to make it work. I imagine that is why there are so many different brands... not everything is going to work for all. I ordered the EXTRA version which might be similar to the g250.

I didn't want to get the reg wet as I'll be returning it. My feeling is that if it doesn't work well right from the get go, I'd rather swap it out versus try to make it work. I imagine that is why there are so many different brands... not everything is going to work for all. I ordered the EXTRA version which might be similar to the g250.
Sort of like only trying your new golf club out in the pool.

"I would bet a sawbuck it won’t do it in the water."

I'm sure your right, but what is a "sawbuck"?
$10 bill

I recommend swapping it out for the C-Bite+ mouthpiece. They're only $8, and it is a lot more comfortable than any other mouthpiece I've tried. I use it on all 5 of my DGX D6 regs :)

DGX recommended swapping out the mouthpiece but it's pretty clear to me that it's not the right fit. I'm too old to try and hopefully make something work. I'll find something that works well as is :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom