Devil's Den

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, and I checked my computer, the water temperature was 65, not 72. The outside temperature was around 40 degree as we got there at 7:30am - before everyone else! We had a great time. Next trip to FL, we will be diving at Ginnie Springs (beginning of March).

ScubaJW:
Next trip to FL, we will be diving at Ginnie Springs (beginning of March).

you'll enjoy Ginnie. the Ballroom is a great dive, and you can do some shorter
dives at the Devil's Eye and Devil's Ear (no lights unless cavern certified).

depending on how clear the river is, you can do a drift dive from devil's Ear
down to the Ginnie run as well.

My fiancee and I are gonna drive from Ohio to the Keys to do some diving. We think we're gonna stop by and dive Devil's Den (again, because she loves that dive), and Blue Grotto. We dove Ginnie before, but were bored with it (since we arent cave certified).

Look around the walls at about 15-20 ft depths. there are lots of ledges. You need to just hang in the water and shine your light. Found some great stuff including three vertebrae still connected and the jawbone of some small (jawbone with 3 backteeth is less than 2 inches) mammal. There are lots of leg bones and ribs if you can recognize them for what they are. Good buoyancy and lots of patience is the key. Also the entrances to the cave system are rebarred closed. There are some great swim thrus tho. Just be carefull as you can stir it up good and screw up vis for the guy behind you. Also noticed the bigger cats tended to hang out at the surface when we were there last.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom