Devil's Den

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Grotto,
Yep the auction to sell it to bottle water was a bomb!
And I thought good divers dont pee in their wet suits! HaHa!:05:

Last time I was at Grotto the per diver fee was $27. Owner wanted to put it up on auction and the bidding was to start at $2M. Highest bidder only offered $1.5M so they canned the auction for a while. I think it's just losing money period and the owner wants to get out from under it. Never seen that many divers up there at all even on the weekends....not sure why other than it's boring after one or two dives...but then again, I'm never bored if my head's underwater!

the local paper said that the auction started at $3 mil... and everybody was
looking around like, "what the?"

so they re-started it at $1 mil. it went up to $1.5 but the owner would not sell.

there were post-auction negotations, and it's reported that the price got up
to $2 mil, but the owner still wouldn't sell

http://www.mydivinglife.com/H2Andy/858/

Nice, sounds like a standoff to me! Watch 'em close it to diving now! That would be a shame....nice hole to rinse your gear out! Cold as crap but interesting.....thanks for the info on it.....

Blue Grotto definitely raised their rates after they failed to get the millions that they hoped for when they put it up for sale. I went to Blue Grotto about a month ago and the rates were up to around $40 per diver. It might be a couple dollars less but it is close. Nonetheless if you have never dived in Blue Grotto it is definitely worth seeing. The services topside are sub par, but once you are in the water it is a really neat cavern.

Done with Devil's Den, boy it was COLD with just my 3/2mm fullsuit with gloves and hood. Next time, I will use 5mm fullsuit. Yukoneer and I were the first divers dove in the Devil's Den in the morning before the big crowd! It was awesome to dive with just my buddy. It was cool but I wish I could find those fossils. Anyone know where?

I went to Blue Grotto just to see and looks really cool. Just too cold to go back in the water.

yukoneer:
. It was cool but I wish I could find those fossils. Anyone know where?

I
On the wall you have to look but they are all over,
wow 72 water to me thats warm!
Tops side must of been a bit cool?

When I went to Blue Grotto last time the topside weather was frigid, at least for Florida. It was in the upper 50s. I am quite happy to live and dive in Florida.

I was at Ginnie last Sunday and it was 34 when we got there. Made the 72 water feel great.

Thought you would like to see the pictures of Devil's Den. I reduced the quality of pictures to .jpeg. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom