Devil's Den

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJW

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Conches! My buddy and I are coming down to FL this weekend. We are planning to dive @ Devil's Den. I almost never heard of this place on this site. Always been Ginnie Springs or else. Is there anything I should be aware of? Rules? No lights for OW divers like Ginnie Springs? Anything else?

We are planning to bring our 3/2mm wetsuits along with dive equipments.

Thanks!

Hi JW
I've been diving in Devil's Den. It really is a cool site, here's a little 411.

No knives allowed, you don't need them
Anyone can, and probably should, bring a flashlight
No cave diving...EVER!
You can't be in the den with under 500 psi in your cylinder, so plan accordingly

Hope you have tons of fun!

BTW the water is 72 degrees year round, I wore a 3 mil and hood but there were other divers in dry suits.

As Said,
Bring a hood Your brain box can loose some major heat! the Den is fun for a few dives, Blue Grotto down the road is fun and they have a air tank were you can take off your reg and talk to your pal in the water=under water!
Crysal river is west a bit see some sea cows! Birds Under water has a great opp!
Have fun, get to sites early, late on vis is all screwed up!
Dive safe,
Brad

I am Scuba JW's buddy, and seems like my parents just moved into a diver's paradise. They live in Dunnellon, FL now.

I have not been there but Blue Grotto is another spot and it's within rock throwing distance from the Den! Have a fresh air bell in there and it's also crystal clear! Go now, place is up for sale and we may not be able to dive it before too much longer! Just enjoy

I love Devil's Den. It's a bunch of fun. Make sure you bring or rent a light.

You will enjoy go to Blue Grotto down the street also. I found that on my second dive I got really bored at both places....however, I do not regret diving there at all...it was a good experience to just get wet.

hmm, considering blue grotto is 'for sale', should we go to that one instead of devil's den? we only have time to dive from 8am to 12pm this saturday.... 2 or maybe 3 dives in that time range.

the two weird rules Devil's Den has is (1) no knives; and (2) no doubles

also, you have to climb a LONG way out of the cave (doesn't look that long
when you're going down), so make sure you can heft your tank up all those
steps.

yukoneer:
hmm, considering blue grotto is 'for sale', should we go to that one instead of devil's den?

they'll be crazy not to keep the dive site open (whoever buys it)... but
you never know, i guess

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom