Destin Jetties Saturday 5/13/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Come one come all !!!!!

I plan to hit the jetties again Saturday. High tide is 10:12 am. If my dive / dives with mike_s turn out good on Friday I'll be looking to do two dives on Saturday. I'll be at the jetties' parking area around 8:30 or 9:00 am. If the June grass is bad on Friday, I may just do one dive. Like always, I'll be adjusting my dives to the conditions.

I got my inflator "fixed" at Emerald Coast Scuba so I should be ready for Friday. I think the inflator still leaks a little, but it does inflate and does not stick open. They replaced the O rings and schrader (sp?) valve for about $20. I may end up buying a new inflator if this one keeps leaking. I know it will be OK with the small leak if it is no more than it has been.

I think I'll head to the jetties on Saturday.

Word of caution - traffic is going to be horrendous in some areas this weekend. Particularly 331 to Weurfull (sp?) Way. Triathalon in Panama City and ArtsQuest and golf tournament at SanDestin.

Better leave plenty of time for travel. I'm hoping not to have as much of a problem from this direction.

I'm lucky, I head there from the mid bay bridge and go West. My advice to PHD is to come West on 20, down White Point Rd, and across the mid bay bridge.

I'm going to aim for 8:30 am in the parking area by the Jetties on Saturday.

mike_s and I are meeting at ScubaTech at 8:00 Friday morning, should be at the parking area by 8:30 am.

Hi Yall,

My wife and I are taking off to go down there this weekend, but we'll be driving down on Sat. We're looking to stay down until Tue or so. We were planning on a weekend getaway on the beach, but were both up for some diving too. What's this Jetty diving all about? Is there anything else worth diving? Any reefs? Whats the water temp? Any good suggestions on lodging? We prefer the locally owned, lower priced type places, but might spurge for a beachfront room one night. Sorry for all the questions and thread hijacking!

Thanks!

Mark

Edit - I just saw you were talking about Destin, I think we were heading to Panama City. Would Destin be a better place to head to? Thanks again!

Both Panama City and Destin have jetties to dive. Jetties are just a line of rocks piled up on a sandy bottom(both cases in a channel joining the gulf and bay) and all the way up past the surface of the water. It acts as an artificial reef and brings in alot of life. Depending on how high, or low, your standards are they can be fantastic dives.

I know of no other shore dives in PCB. You can dive the Crystal Beach Pier as well as the jetties in Destin. Destin typically has clearer water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom