Destin Jetties report (6/17/2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
Sometimes the vis is G-R-E-A-T !!! During early May it was 50-60 feet vis.

Did you get a pic of our trucks parked? heh.

Yep, with the poor vis report, Gav sure was dedicated to make that dive and not leave with those four youg girls...

Pretty much!

mike_s:
well heck... I hate we crossed paths w/o knowing who each other was.

divindummy, jeepbrew. did one of you guys have a pink nitrox tank? If so, I talked to you in the parking area when you were headed back out after swapping tanks.

Sorry we missed each other. I think we (gav, PHD, MDB, Seayoda, myself) all got there(parking area) about 1pm and did the "weird parking thing" and geared up. It was most likely 1:30 by the time we got to the water area.

After our dive, we were beside the boat load (with the umbrellas on their Carolina skiff) of folks from Mobile in the water for a while. We opted not to mess with a second dive due to the poor vis.

As for the Jack Cervelles, we've run into them before there. I think they were just schoolin' for food that the tide must have been sucking in.

I'm sure we'll meet up on another dive! Speaking of which, does anyone know of any cheap dives in j'ville (i.e. a jetty)? I've never dove there before and kinda wanting to. ... :confused:

tsunamigav:
I'm sure we'll meet up on another dive! Speaking of which, does anyone know of any cheap dives in j'ville (i.e. a jetty)? I've never dove there before and kinda wanting to. ... :confused:

H2Andy lives in Jacksonville. I'd PM him and ask... he'd be sure to know. You've also got some springs this side of J'ville also that are cost effecient.

There is also "Vortoberfest" in October, which is' Headquatered out of Vortex, but many folks go dive the other free springs while there also instead of diving Vortex 2-3 days in a row...

mike_s:
Yep... I talked to him and another guy and girl in the parking area. They seemed like nice follks.
-mike

I know... Ronnie had the pink tank... the other guy and girl were Jen and I :wink:

Ronnie finding his $20 bill:

6_18_06_031.sized.jpg

What in the hell is this? It looks like some sort of a Pleco...

6_18_06_042.sized.jpg

Getting swarmed by the Jacks:

6_18_06_047.sized.jpg

Dolphin shot:

6_18_06_079.sized.jpg

jeepbrew.... looks like they block thumbnailing of pics on that host site you are using. try photobucket.com. that'll work for you.

mike_s:
jeepbrew.... looks like they block thumbnailing of pics on that host site you are using. try photobucket.com. that'll work for you.

That's wierd. They worked earlier. I will open up a photobucket account tomorrow...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom