Destin Dive Party Sept. 13 or 14th anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys, I am still planning on being in Destin on Sept.13, problem is though that I won't be able to leave home to drive there until really late. Maybe 5pm to 6pm EST, then it is an 8 hour drive from here. If things are really bad at the hospital I may just have to get up early on the 13th and drive down. If that is the case then I might only get to dive on Sunday the 14th. There is really no way for me to know how my Friday will go until that day!
The trials of being an acute dialysis nurse, sorry.

If I end up driving down on Saturday morning I should not be there until about 11am-12pm. Could possibly dive late afternoon dive say 2pm?

Don't think I am in for a 1:00am dive for tide purposes. Not much of a late night person and that is a bit too early for early morning diving too.

Will need to know how to get together when I do get there. Still have to find out if my sister and brother-in-law are in for some diving. Of course weather is still something that will be a consideration for any of this. We will be in the peak of the hurricane season by then.

Catch you later. Have a good weekend, hope you can get some diving in. I am on call for the hospital so I know what I will be doing.

Finally had some good weather a couple of weeks ago, too good. Everyone in the area had their boats in the water. Needed a traffic cop at the destin pass. A lot of cruise ship size yachts. I was swamped at the jetties by two very large waves,..took 20 minutes for the bildge to pump out the water.

Zero vis, the jetties dive charters were having a hard time.

If you are still looking at the jetties, perhaps during the week would be better for you to dive?

The dogs name is,..Scubey!

Braved the rain and got in a couple of nice dives... I got to play with my new camera/housing setup :)

I'm hoping for the weekend....

I won't be able to make it. The wife now has to work that weekend, meaning that since I am a stay at home dad, well....I have to work that weekend too...:wink: :rolleyes: :wink:

Tom

The bad news is that its probably cheaper to buy a recon'd cylinder head than to play with the valves.

The good news is that its nowhere near as bad as it would be if you had diesels :)

It is looking like a mighty small group to get together! Having some second thoughts as to this being a Scubaboard Dive Party.
Maybe we need to try this again someother time.

I have to work everyother weekend and it seems my weekends off are opposite most the rest of the world.

I still plan to drive down to Destin, not sure if I will be diving or not. Really, it will depend on my family now and the weather.
I also have to check in with my LDS and see if my tanks are ready. I left them there earlier this week to be cleaned and refilled. But, they had 52 tanks to take care of so I don't know if they will be ready.

Hopefully, we can all get together some day in the future.

over here in Destin on Gigabite.

I can go Sunday - Saturday will be a problem as my daughter has a soccer game that day, but Sunday is wide open, weather permitting.

I can easily accomodate 6-8 divers if we limit ourselves to 2 dives (tank storage becomes the issue on the boat)

Doesn't need to be a big crowd to have fun, and we can go do some sites that the local charter folks can't get to (due to time constraints.)

Heck, I'll even shoot pictures instead of fish if it makes everyone feel better.... you might even get to star in your own mini-movie! :)

Let me know!

Genesis,

That really sounds tempting to be them star in a mini-dive movie!
But, I already have done that, just recently in Cay Sal, Bahamas.

I am undecided as to whether I will even make it down there next weekend. I have been gone off on two dive trips in the last 4 weeks and really need to spend some time around the house. I have a ton of work at home to catch up on. We are remodeling room by room. Since most of this work is done on days off from work I am behind due to those dive trips.

I need to see what I can do between now and next Saturday. I can't drive down until then anyway. I will keep you posted though if I am going to make it.

I will have some three day weekends coming up later on that might work out better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom