Denver area - 1 / 2 September - anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

here's my plan:

I'll show up at 9am at the front gate to get a pass and the placard.

promptly go to the dam (not damn) parking lot.

I'll have a green suv with a little black trailer. anyone wanting to put their stuff on the trailer is welcome to as I bring my stuff in. and we'll see what happens from there :)

any Q's .. post 'em or send me an IM or email before 7am tomorrow.

Sounds great. Picked up a tank this afternoon and am good to go! See you at the Scuba Beach parking lot!

I'm planning on going tomorrow. I'll bring a canopy and a smile! I'll try and remember my Octo, and my BP/W! We can train to the Scuba beach. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Thanks to everyone who showed up. I had a good time (~) :wink:

I won't spoil all the fun about what happened and what we got to see, so I'll wait for the others to arrive first.

question was asked about crawdads:

What do crawfish eat?

A crawfish's favorite food is soft, decomposing plant matter; however, they will eat just about anything – algae, snails, insects, plants, dead fish, etc. Crawfish are cannibals and will even consume other crawfish that are molting.

Lols..Well, it is Aurora Resevoir. There is the plane, a few fish and lots of crawdads. Oh yeah, and that bright orange lift bag that I debated whether was accidently or intentionally left. I didn't move it, but was really suprised.

Water temp was 72 so it was comfortable diving.

Thanks all, I had a great time. Sarah sends her thanks and I assured her she's now prepared to go dive with the Navy Seals. That was her first actual dive since certification! I thought she did great.

Her first dive from certification? She was doing great! Congrats and may she have some great dives with the Seals.

Hopefully she can give us a report afterwards on how it went!

What do crawfish eat?:
Dead divers! They especially like OW Students who are task loaded, and may not be paying attention! :rofl3:

Wikipedia:
Crayfish are kept as pets in freshwater aquariums. They prefer foods like shrimp pellets or various vegetables but will also eat tropical fish food, algae wafers, and even small fish that can be captured by their claws, such as goldfish or minnows. Their disposition towards eating almost anything will also cause them to consume most aquarium plants in a fish tank.

Most places selling crawdad traps recommend baiting them with fresh fish. Oily fish like Salmon are very common as the *scent* spreads.

Sorry I could not make it Monday. I had the car loaded, and then realized Sunday night that one of my gutters was clogged, and making a mess into my garage. So I stayed home, and did chores around the house. I'd have MUCH rather been diving.

Back
Top Bottom