Denver area - 1 / 2 September - anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

georoc01:

Yes. To get there from the Denver area, take 285 south to Bailey and turn left at the main road in Bailey. That road is Wellington Lake Rd (CR 68). Drive south about 11 miles. You can also get there from the south via Jefferson County Rd 126 (aka Deckers Rd). To get there from that road, look for the signs that will take you on Redskin Creek Rd to Buffalo Creek Rd to the lake.

what would be a good time for Aurora?
sat/ sun ?

whats the procedure at Aurora, I read something about a placard (?)

do you have to lug your crap up that path to the beach or can you use the vehicle access road?

My preference would be for Sunday. The traffic Saturday morning around downtown on I25 is going to be a mess with the CU/CSU game having a 10:00am kickoff. At least it was last Saturday night with the Broncos game.

As far as the placard goes. Its $5 to enter Aurora and another $5 for the placard. The placard is for a key to the gate which gets you on the vehicle access road up to Scuba beach. One placard per group.

Where is the CU/CSU game being played? In Denver? I would have thought Boulder or Ft. Collins, but I'm not sure about Denver traffic being from Colo. Springs. What time are you guys planning on diving? I may be able to make it, but not sure yet.

Waterskier1:
Where is the CU/CSU game being played? In Denver? I would have thought Boulder or Ft. Collins, but I'm not sure about Denver traffic being from Colo. Springs. What time are you guys planning on diving? I may be able to make it, but not sure yet.

game is at Mile High @ 10:00 am on saturday

georoc01:
My preference would be for Sunday. The traffic Saturday morning around downtown on I25 is going to be a mess with the CU/CSU game having a 10:00am kickoff. At least it was last Saturday night with the Broncos game.

As far as the placard goes. Its $5 to enter Aurora and another $5 for the placard. The placard is for a key to the gate which gets you on the vehicle access road up to Scuba beach. One placard per group.

I am not going to be able to go. :( I have to help my Mother-n-law move.

well as of right now, I can do any of the 3 days this weekend.

we need to come to some sort of consensus as to what day and time.

or, I could just IM my phone number to anyone who wants to go and coordinate a time. I'd like a day or two advance notice as I've got other things I want to do this weekend.

forcasts look good.. sat and sunday are clones w/ sunny and 10% chance of rain & 88 degrees. Monday looks best, no chance of rain and 92 degreees

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom