Denver area - 1 / 2 September - anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red_5

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
before it gets too cold here, I'd like to try a dive or two here in CO.
all my dives have been off a boat in the Keys, so this woulld be a 'new' experince.

anyone planing anything local that I may be able to tag along with?

I've got everything except a flag/float

Depending on where the dive will be, I'd be up for something local too. I have a flag that I could bring along.

So I guess the question is..Aurora, Chatfield, or does someone else have other ideas? I have dove both and other than some low vis, are decent enough to just get wet.

I doubt there will be many classes on the holiday weekend, especially on Monday.

I hear that diving is allowed at Wellington Lake s/o Bailey. Turquoise Lake in Leadville is another option.

I think I could get a kitchen pass to do a dive. A couple of us dove Chatfield on Sat. and the vis was 1 to 2 feet. It was a great opportunity to work on your navigation skills, but we had a hard time staying together. Once we all found the lines though, it wasn't too bad. I would love to dive Wellington, I've never been.

1 - 2 ' vis @ Chatfield doesn't sound too exciting.

what's the latest @ Aurora?

tmurray:
I hear that diving is allowed at Wellington Lake s/o Bailey. Turquoise Lake in Leadville is another option.

I am free on Saturday the 1st.
Chatfield viz is NOT.
Aurora would be better.
I dove Wellington in July before, and the viz was not bad and the water is warm enough to dive wet.
Turquoise is a bit of a drive and I think you would need to dive it dry. Charlieo was up there recently. He would know the temp.

My first choice would be Wellington and my second would be Aurora.

I can't go (I'll be out of town) but the vis at aurora is about 10 feet if the classes aren't there to stir thing s up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom