Delta Airlines to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that the key word in the quote is "indefinitely". That doesn't completely shut the door on Delta returning. To me, it just says they don't know when (and only maybe if) they'll resume operations.
I agree (fancy that :D). It would be stupid of any airline to say that they are leaving a market and never coming back in response to a temporary condition.

I used to try to fly Delta to Cozumel. I noticed last year they backed off flying to Cozumel only on the weekend.

I hope some airline comes through with a direct flight from Atlanta to Coz. One of the big positives of our Coz vacations was the quick flight. My wife’s back doesn’t fair well for long trips, so we always look for nonstop flights for our travels.

I guess I’ll just venture elsewhere until someone fills the void.

Not sure but most carriers use contract employees (often employed by a contracting provider company) when operating internationally for their station personnel. In addition to allowing them to comply with the host countries labor restrictions it also gives them the flexibility to open and close a station as necessary. While kind of cold blooded it does make the 're-opening' decision for a given location much easier.

Sorry to say, but DELTA has canceled ALL flights to Cozumel for the foreseeable future.
One of my dear friends is a long time flight attendant for Delta who lives in Cozumel and Delta announced this on May 7th. Staff working the Delta counter (where I also have a friend working) were called in and told the same and they were given their last paycheck.

Maybe by December or January, something might change but it's doubtful right now. I sure hope they come back here.

I have friends who have been flying into Cancun on Delta and taking the ferry from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel. They say it's pretty easy and cost effective to do. Even with all of their dive gear. And that way they can still fly on Delta. Definitely not as easy as direct to Cozumel, but doable.

I have friends who have been flying into Cancun on Delta and taking the ferry from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel. They say it's pretty easy and cost effective to do. Even with all of their dive gear. And that way they can still fly on Delta. Definitely not as easy as direct to Cozumel, but doable.
Have they done so lately and still said so? The ferry situation has degraded horribly.

Their most recent trip was over Christmas and New Year's. And they said everything went well.

I did the same in January, and everything was fine. The only real hassle is trying to time the arrival at the Playa terminal. The ferries still aren't at full schedules and depending on your arrival time at Cancun, and then the cab/bus ride to Playa, you could wind up waiting in Playa for 2 hours or more for the next ferry. Other than that, no problems.

I think that the key word in the quote is "indefinitely". That doesn't completely shut the door on Delta returning. To me, it just says they don't know when (and only maybe if) they'll resume operations.

Delta had reduced service from daily to Sat/Sun only, before Covid. I'm not sure they will return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom