Delta Airlines to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcpowell

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’ve seen references in a few threads of Delta cancelling flights into Cozumel, with no plans to begin flying the route again. Could someone please post a link to this information? I’ve tried googling it, but can’t find anything official.

For the last few years, my wife and I have been flying Delta from Atlanta to Cozumel once or twice a year. And one of the reasons we enjoy the trip is that we can fly directly. A direct flight is ~2.5 hours, that’s nice.

If Delta has cancelled their service indefinitely, we’ll likely re-think our future plans. I’ve let some deposits “ride” just to help the local economy, but we’ve been counting on going again in 2021.

Could someone please post a link to this information? I’ve tried googling it, but can’t find anything official
Use the Search box at the top of the forum like this...

000.jpg

To find this thread: Delta Air Lines Closing Cozumel Station

I’ve seen references in a few threads of Delta cancelling flights into Cozumel, with no plans to begin flying the route again. Could someone please post a link to this information? I’ve tried googling it, but can’t find anything official.

For the last few years, my wife and I have been flying Delta from Atlanta to Cozumel once or twice a year. And one of the reasons we enjoy the trip is that we can fly directly. A direct flight is ~2.5 hours, that’s nice.

If Delta has cancelled their service indefinitely, we’ll likely re-think our future plans. I’ve let some deposits “ride” just to help the local economy, but we’ve been counting on going again in 2021.

I think that any predictions about what airlines will do when this pandemic is finally in the rear view mirror, even from the airlines themselves, is just guesswork. As long as the planes and the airports exist, things can change, and rapidly.

When I search scubaboard.com (or google) I still haven’t found a link to anything official from Delta. So I’m hoping someone can provide a link.
I haven't, either, but if you go to Delta's website and try to book a flight to CZM, you can't. I tried a lot of variations and got nothing. YMMV.

When I search scubaboard.com (or google) I still haven’t found a link to anything official from Delta. So I’m hoping someone can provide a link.
Ok, I doubt that Delta is going to actually announce such in this time of chaos and crisis in the airlines. Have you searched their site for flights later in the year? Of course, airlines are selling tickets on flights that may cancel later.

Ok, I doubt that Delta is going to actually announce such in this time of chaos and crisis in the airlines. Have you searched their site for flights later in the year? Of course, airlines are selling tickets on flights that may cancel later.
I have, and far into next year as well. I found nada.

I have, and far into next year as well. I found nada.

Agreed. I cannot find any flights from Atlanta to Coz...anytime.

I do have a friend that is a Delta pilot, so I think I will ask her.

The only thing I could find was here: Nicaragua is more isolated with the withdrawal of Delta Airlines - Latest News, Breaking News, Top News Headlines where Elizabeth Ninomiya, Delta’s Strategic Communications Manager for Latin America and the Caribbean, was quoted as saying:

"As part of Delta’s ongoing response to the global COVID-19 pandemic and our efforts to ensure the long-term viability of the business, we have made the difficult decision to indefinitely suspend service to Cozumel, Mexico (CZM) and Managua, Nicaragua (MGA)"

I think that the key word in the quote is "indefinitely". That doesn't completely shut the door on Delta returning. To me, it just says they don't know when (and only maybe if) they'll resume operations.

It might make news in a slow cycle, but not this year.

Back
Top Bottom