Deerfield Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Davediver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Oh great and wise Scubaboard members. I am considering a family vacation to Deerfield Beach in late May. The place I am considering is close to the Deerfield Beach Pier and I will have a car.

What is the diving like in Late May? I know that weather can change the viz daily but what is it normally like?
What is the water temp?
What operators do you recommend?
What are your favorite dive sites?
I will be a single, any issues?

Your wise counsel is requested.

Hi Dave,

I live in Deerfield Beach, and am fortunate to have close access to all sorts of great diving. Wrecks, reefs, hunting, photography, we've got it all! Only an hour and a half drive to Key Largo, one hour to Jupiter, 45 minutes to Blue Heron Bridge. And tons of stuff in between. Please let us know more specifically what you are looking for, and we can provide you more details.

Thanks joystershell. I have been to the Keys numerous times and was looking for a good place near Deerfield to get wet while on a family vacation. I am flexible as long as I can dive.

Diversity is right there in Deerfield Beach near Pennell's. You'll go out of Boca inlet.
Also, you can motor on down A1A CAREFULLY doing the speed limit through the city of Hillsboro Beach over the bridge to Parrot Island. There you will go out of Hillsboro inlet.
There are a lot of other operators in the area, including one right there in Deerfield Beach. You'll do ok with the two ops posted here.

Water conditions off Boca: Boca Raton South Beach Park

Diversity

Parrot Island

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom