Deepblu COSMIQ+ users' experiences please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, the most liberal setting matches a conservative RGBM algorithm :facepalm:

It all depends on what you want. As a newish diver with AOW and 20 dives or so, I am fine with a more conservative computer. My wife is only OW and has about 14 dives, so for us it works great. If we get more technical we may certainly want something more flexible, but for what we do it seems perfect.

Another data point on the algorithm: Marc from PV Ocean Tours uses a Cressi Leonardo when he dives with customers. He said he uses the Cressi because he knows his computer will tell him to ascend before most all other computer makes. He doesn't want to have a customer get panicked if their computer is telling them to ascend before his does. In comparison to the Cosmiq+, the Comsmiq+ was definitely more liberal in progressive mode. We did Devil's Canyon at Los Arcos, and I reached 110 feet. At that point both computers were showing 5 minutes available at that depth, We began to ascend staying about 10 feet higher until it showed 5 minutes again, and then going higher, etc. On the ascent the Cosmiq+ consistently showed more time available at each subsequent depth than the Leonardo. Our surface interval time was slightly shorter and our second dive my Cosmiq+ showed more bottom time at each depth than his Leonardo. It would seem the deepblu algorithm may be more conservative than some, but it was significantly more liberal than the Cressi and about on par with the Zoop Novo.

Another data point on the algorithm: Marc from PV Ocean Tours uses a Cressi Leonardo when he dives with customers. He said he uses the Cressi because he knows his computer will tell him to ascend before most all other computer makes. He doesn't want to have a customer get panicked if their computer is telling them to ascend before his does. In comparison to the Cosmiq+, the Comsmiq+ was definitely more liberal in progressive mode. We did Devil's Canyon at Los Arcos, and I reached 110 feet. At that point both computers were showing 5 minutes available at that depth, We began to ascend staying about 10 feet higher until it showed 5 minutes again, and then going higher, etc. On the ascent the Cosmiq+ consistently showed more time available at each subsequent depth than the Leonardo. Our surface interval time was slightly shorter and our second dive my Cosmiq+ showed more bottom time at each depth than his Leonardo. It would seem the deepblu algorithm may be more conservative than some, but it was significantly more liberal than the Cressi and about on par with the Zoop Novo.
The Cressi RGBM algorithm is the most conservative algorithm out there, good comparison. Conservative algorithms are just fine for some divers, not for everyone

True. That was my point in my earlier reply. For my wife and I it works well. We went down to 110 feet at Devil's Canyon, and our dive was 55 minutes long. That was plenty long for me with a standard tank.

I’m an ambassador, so take this for what its worth. I’m running the original cosmiq along with two zoops and a Scubapro Aladin Prime as backup while teaching. I feel the cosmiq is great for beginning divers or those who are only underwater a few times a year. For experienced divers they make an excellent backup. The freedive mode is also a plus if you’re into it. I leave mine set at normal and 1.5 when on 32% to be close to the zoops my students are wearing. It’s easy to read for these tired old eyes and doesn’t take up too much real estate on my wrist. The app is very easy to use and also works with a growing list of other supported brands. The biggest plus to me and new divers is ease of operation and lack of cable and financial layout for said cable and software. All in all, decent bang for the buck.

As a recreational diver, I like my Cosmiq+ A LOT. It's super easy to set up, the backlit screen (one of the reasons I preferred it over the Zoop) worked very well in the caves in Miyako-jima. As for being conservative, I didn't have any annoyance despite going "deep" (for a simple AOWD) and doing decently long dives (up to 72 minutes), so I guess that for my type of diving I've found the right computer without breaking the bank. And YES, I like the social network part of it.

The computer is great and easy to use. As mentioned before the screen is a little hard to read in bright light and the dive time font size is getting to be a problem for these aging eyes. Will use it as a backup computer once I get a new computer.

I bought a pair of the Deepblu Cosmiq+ drawn in by the LED display and it's attractive price tag - took it on holiday last month and somehow both watches failed. Note: I bought these from two separate retailers (in two separate countries).

On my watch the LED screen was unusable under water in daylight and would rarely synchronise with my phone - charging was also sketchy as it'd recharge sometimes in less than 30mins and sometimes I'd leave it on all night and it still wasn't fully charged. Deepblu aren't very helpful - blamed issues on my phone.

GPTempDownload.JPG
IMG_8766.PNG

My girlfriends watch failed underwater and let moisture in, bricking it. We'd only gone down 10M. It also had charging issues. FYI those sparkles on the watch face are in the watch, not on it + Note- condensation buildup on the top left corner.
GPTempDownload (3).jpg

There are fundamental issues with their Deepblu app as well, which is needed to change settings on the watch won't get into that now.

I reckon I'm going to do an extended review detailing these issues separately but I thought some potential purchasers may be interested in a few pics of their future dive computer. As a concise recommendation - do not purchase these. Ultimately it's about risking your safety underwater to save a few hundred pounds/dollars over 5/10/20 years, however long it lasts you.

I have one of those cosmiq+ that I got second hand. It started getting wet on its test ride, after 20min at 2meter SW... and I don't find it's cosmiq...

Does anyone know the specs for the torx screws that close the casing ? I lost all 4 of them (dear wife decided to 'cleanup my mess').

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom