Deepblu COSMIQ+ users' experiences please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I kinda like the Cosmiq for newer divers because it is conservative. I've been using one for recreational dives for over a year with no issues. It is super easy to set up and link to from my phone but due to my older eyes, I prefer to use my 8-inch tablet. The display at depth is nice. Bright sun near the surface, depending on the angle it can be hard to see. But that's why I also have a Shearwater Predator on my other arm :wink:.

It doesn't take long to recharge and I am getting 3 one hour dives easily. I don't do more than that in training anyway. I still have my original computer. An Oceanic Veo. It's 13 years old and the backlight doesn't work anymore but it makes a nice student/pool computer.

I'm actually considering buying a 2nd Cosmiq just so I can put two students on them at a time. I don't see mine getting a lot of use in the future by me.

I just ordered a new Shearwater Perdix. That will be on one arm and the Predator on the other.

The Deepblu Cosmiq's version of Buhlmann is extremely conservative, even in progressive mode (most liberal). The Ambassador/Reseller program seems to have hooked some into selling and advocating for it. Maybe this is a good computer for young folks hooked on social media and not really caring about their deco algorithm, something for everybody.

The Deepblu is quite conservative, even in its most aggressive mode. The Geo 2 runs DSAT.
How would it match up with a mares wrist puck. I am looking at adding a second computer for more training in the future.

How would it match up with a mares wrist puck. I am looking at adding a second computer for more training in the future.
The Mares RGBM is also very conservative, they might match up well. The Cosmic also has 2 more conservative settings than the progressive setting.

I just received the Cosmiq+ and I like the way it looks and operates. I will try it later this month when we dive PV. Everyone says it is too conservative. What kind of difference are we talking? On a planned 1 hour dive to 75 feet or so, will it give 5 minutes less bottom time? 10? It is hard to know how significant the different algorithms are for a recreational diver.

I am in PV now, using the Cosmiq+ for the first time. It is very easy to use, and requires almost no diver intervention. I set it to progressive, and it seemed to closely match our divemaster's Suunto Zoop Novo. I didn't find it too hard to read, and it automatically displayed temp, depth, and other parameters. It gave time available at that depth, and also gave a safety stop countdown when you reach 15 feet. After the dive it calculated a surface interval, and also a time before flight interval. It also took a beating when I had an unexpected encounter with many rocks and sea urchins (don't ask), and is still working perfectly. For a $300 piece of kit it seems very good.

Unless shearwater comes out with a basic rec diver "perdix" im probably going to get the cosmiq once my tusa 650 dies (if ever). The colour display looks nice and easy to read. I rarely look at it at the surface. Im also curious about the conservative claim. How much less bottom time are we looking at for 100' depth.

Unless shearwater comes out with a basic rec diver "perdix" im probably going to get the cosmiq once my tusa 650 dies (if ever). The colour display looks nice and easy to read. I rarely look at it at the surface. Im also curious about the conservative claim. How much less bottom time are we looking at for 100' depth.
You will have to ask someone with a Cosmiq to run the NDLs using the planning mode to compare to other decompression algorithms. They do not include any NDLs in their owner's manual for their proprietary version of Buhlmann ZH-L16C. At least Oceanic lists NDLs for their proprietary version of Buhlmann, PZ+.

I was sent some information from Deepblu from testing that is similar to the ScubaLabs simulated dives in a hyperbaric unit. On the first dive, the Cosmiq was more conservative than Suunto (conservative RGBM algorithm). It was also more conservative on the 3rd dive after a longer SI. It may be somewhat less affected by immediate 2nd dives with a shorter SI. Sorry, I seem unable to post the spreadsheet data. I will send you the data by email if you want to give me your email address by PM.

Back
Top Bottom