Deep6 on Dive Gear Express?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
DGX is now selling Deep6 regs!

Regulators by Deep Six | Regs - SPGs - Hoses | Dive Gear Express®

And they are basically all black. NICE!

BUT, they look different than the regs on the Deep6 site.

The 2nd stages on DGX have a different face plate and it looks like different WOB knob and different dive/pre-dive lever. And maybe different exhaust ports.

The 1st stages look shorter and don't have the heating fins (for lack of a better term). Actually the Deep6 1st stage looks a lot like a Dive Rite XT1 than a Deep6 1st.

What's the deal there?

Do the DGX Deep6 regs take the same service kits as the ones on the Deep6 site?

Does the DGX Deep6 regs come with a service kit when you buy them, like the ones on the Deep6 site?

Is the warranty and 1st free service deal the same when you buy them from DGX?

3 x simultyping way to go!

LOL Thanks! I only searched the Regs forum for info. Shoulda known better. Well, now anyone else that just looks in here will find something to help them....

When the announcement was made in that other thread you must have been off doing something crazy like actually diving. You're not on here 24/7?

LOL I'll go with that. It's definitely true... as far as you know... :-D

I just read the whole other thread. No longer so excited about the DGX regs. Oh, well. If Chris would just make some DIR-compliant 2nd stages.... ;-)

Wait what now DIR non compliant? Elaborate?

It was a joke. The DGX ones are virtually all black (i.e. DIR-compliant). The actual Deep6 ones have that very non-DIR orange on them - even on the "black" model.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom