Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya know, I just went to DRIS's website and added a Hollis F1 LT (light version to cart and shipping to my old military address in Halifax (only postal code I could remembers)/ That was $50.83 UPS ($78 if I choose USPS), my UPS shipping is $48.65. (60.25 USPS) That said.. the total for my fin with shipping is $148.65, the Hollis fin with shipping total is $219.30.

Duty and a UPS broker fee on top of that ( UPS: Rates for Customs Clearance into Canada) and you are looking at a $20 broker fee

USPS no broker fee but it's a wash in this case as it cost $20 more to ship USPS priority...

what i find really really funny and sad is watching my fellow Canadians freak out that Trump may kill NAFTA and hurt Canada... I hate to break it to you all but we never had the same deal the US did, they got a two way free trade, Canada only got a one way free trade that ended up being a brain drain on Canada as almost a million of us now live and work in the US.

Looking for new fins for a Bonaire trip. Its been 12 years since I dove and my 24 year old Blades need replacing. Plan to use heavy soled US11 booties and many fins seem to have fairly small pockets so these caught my eye. Is this a good all around fin? Some say the jet style fins are poor and tiring if you do flutter kick, which I'll admit I do often but I guess can learn frog kick. Is that true? I tend to dive moving slowly over the reef and there is very little current in Bonaire, but do like to have good control and be able to back up and things like that. I am not in any big rush or need to go fast. My Blades worked well but always seemed a little long and I get occasional cramps. Should I be looking at these Eddys or something else? It has been a while so I need to catch up with all the new gear.

Thanks,
Steve.
ps, I also noticed on there website in the shipping options, one being "free shipping" at least here in NY, so that is a good deal!

All of my experiences with UPS involved my items showing up either late, or very late and all with additional fees that must be paid above and beyond what was shown on the website. I'm still trying to figure out how they can charge a $70 'customs fee' on a $70 jacket...

However I have used the cross-border pickup spots as grf88 suggests with great success. If you can take advantage of any free shipping you can cover the HST crossing the border.

Looking for new fins for a Bonaire trip. Its been 12 years since I dove and my 24 year old Blades need replacing. Plan to use heavy soled US11 booties and many fins seem to have fairly small pockets so these caught my eye. Is this a good all around fin? Some say the jet style fins are poor and tiring if you do flutter kick, which I'll admit I do often but I guess can learn frog kick. Is that true? I tend to dive moving slowly over the reef and there is very little current in Bonaire, but do like to have good control and be able to back up and things like that. I am not in any big rush or need to go fast. My Blades worked well but always seemed a little long and I get occasional cramps. Should I be looking at these Eddys or something else? It has been a while so I need to catch up with all the new gear.

Thanks,
Steve.
ps, I also noticed on there website in the shipping options, one being "free shipping" at least here in NY, so that is a good deal!
Umm...Not the best for flutter. Hold off, soon will have a soft compound version that works better for flutter kicking

Any idea of when the small size will be available in black?
I see they are now available in orange and white, but not in black.

Thanks

Any idea of when the small size will be available in black?
I see they are now available in orange and white, but not in black.

Thanks
be a while.. min 6 months. If I do them in black, I haven't decided for sure yet

I wear a men's 8.5 and use Scubapro Delta boots. Will I be ok with S/M?
I believe so

I have been looking over this thread for some time now and am interested in changing fins. I bought a pair of Atomic Split Fins and have to admit...4 dives in and I don't like them at all. At times I feel I overpower them and other times I am just not getting the propulsion I would like. I have decided that split fins are just not for me.

My Atomic fins are a Large and I was interested in the white fins. My boots are Fourth Element Pelagic in a size 11. What size do you recommend and do you think these would be a good fin for a new diver but one who prefers to frog kick rather that flutter?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom